CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC (http://www.camheads.org/index.php)
-   New Forum Members (http://www.camheads.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The waiting begins! (http://www.camheads.org/showthread.php?t=8659)

TimberArt 10-08-2017 08:07 PM

The waiting begins!

Ordered my Stinger 2 4x4 last week. Stepping up from a hobby machine that I learned on. Spent a lot of time reading the forum posts here which was a big help in my decision to purchase a Camaster. It was pretty obvious beside being one of the top of the line machines that the support is second to none. Looking forward to getting to work!

Bill

Bruce Page 10-08-2017 08:10 PM

Congrats, you'll love it!

Bob Walters 10-08-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimberArt (Post 69803)
Ordered my Stinger 2 4x4 last week. Stepping up from a hobby machine that I learned on. Spent a lot of time reading the forum posts here which was a big help in my decision to purchase a Camaster. It was pretty obvious beside being one of the top of the line machines that the support is second to none. Looking forward to getting to work!

Bill

Was in your same boat about 2 years ago. Havenít regretted it for one second. It is an awesome machine. I literally think about cutting wood everyday. Be careful though, Iím about to build a 30x40 workshop around my Camaster purchase.

Rlee1972 10-09-2017 08:39 AM

Welcome aboard! As you have found by reading, you have bought a quality machine with superior support. This forum has a large number or very remarkable people all willing to help.
Best wishes!

drummerjg 10-09-2017 08:29 PM

Congrats, Bill. Looking forward to seeing what you crank out on that new machine! Waiting for delivery is the hardest part.....

Mick Martin 10-10-2017 12:49 AM

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions.

Bob, I am in the same boat, we are down sizing our house but I am up sizing to a 40 x 60 workshop.

Bob Walters 10-10-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick Martin (Post 69819)

Bob, I am in the same boat, we are down sizing our house but I am up sizing to a 40 x 60 workshop.

That is awesome, I donít know what Iím gonna do with all the space. Couldnít imagine 2400 square feet. Haha

Michael Mezalick 10-10-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick Martin (Post 69819)

Mick,,and who thought miniatures would take up all that space.....[lol]

Michael

TimberArt 10-20-2017 08:53 PM

Thanks guys, I'm working feverishly to complete a conditioned room in one of the bay's of my shop/barn. I received an email that the Stinger is ready to ship. Looks like it will be here next week. Looking forward to it!

Bill

TimberArt 10-26-2017 05:39 PM

She arrived yesterday!

My Stinger 2 4x4 arrived yesterday. The delivery company driver had to pick up a load at a factory 10 minutes away and told me I could meet him there for pickup at the dock. I called the tow truck driver and he met me at the dock. The loading dock guy ran the fork lift to the nose of the trailer and picked the machine up and loaded it partially on the tow truck. Once the tow truck driver winched it up on the bed we were off. A half hour later it was sitting at my shop. Couldn't have gone any smoother I don't think! Going to uncrate her this weekend. And yes I did unscrew the side panel to have a look at her. One beautiful piece of work! When my wife saw it the first words out of her mouth were "wow, that's nice".