CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > CAMaster Machines > General Discussion

Old 02-03-2018, 02:09 PM
CAMhead Friend

Default speed issues

I am running the Vetric Spring blossom wreath. says 2hours total run time. rapid rate is 100 mm/sec and scale factor 2.0.. I have never messed with those settings. anyway I am running a stinger 3 SR-48 with 3.2kw spindle. I am in over 2 hours with just the rough out...
It seem to take 4x as long to make anything, this is just 18x18x.75. even smaller items take a long time. I am wondering if my wincnc is not set up correctly. I use Aspire 9 on my design computer then copy the cut files to a jump drive and download them to my desktop of my wincnc machine.. Please help. Sitting for 7 hours on a small project like this is killing me...

Tim
Old 02-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Camaster Owner

The time estimates in Vectric software need to be tuned to your machine and type of file. The scale factor will be different for 3D cutting than it will be for V-carving and different again for profiling or pocketing. You figure out the scale factor by cutting a job and then recording the time and adjusting the scale factor until it aligns. You can then use that new factor for other jobs like it.
However 2 hours for roughing seems a bit excessive. What size and type of bit are you using? What is your pass depth? Stepover? Cutting speed, X, Y and Z? What type of roughing pass, Z level or 3D?
Wincnc vcarvepro
Old 02-03-2018, 04:44 PM
CAMaster Owner

If you can take a moment and provide the answers to Euan's questions, others will be able to better assist you.
HSD 12HP ATC
20 Tool Holder
25HP Regen Vac

2017 Panther 408
HSD 5HP ATC
6 Tool Rotary Carousel
Recoil Lathe
Laser
Aspire 9.0
PhotoVcarve

Be humble.
Be kind.
Be grateful.
Life is too short and prone to quickly change to live otherwise.