CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > Software > General Discussion

Old 01-04-2018, 05:12 AM
CAMaster Owner

I'm not an expert in this field either. Just got my stinger set up last June and it's my first CNC machine.

But in the CNC.MAC you should have removed the brackets from
Code:
T1=M98 MACROS/G37Z.MAC T1
T2=M98 MACROS/G37Z.MAC T2
and

Code:
G37=M98 macros/G37Z.MAC [FTC and touch top
If you're having trouble with enabling the FTC I'd recommend talking to Michael Skene or someone at CAMaster - they're very helpful.

Options and upgrades:
3.0KW HSD spindle, FTC, Laser Cross Hair, Counter Balance, Digitizing Probe, Remote Handheld Keypad, Indexing Lathe and a 6" gantry overtravel.

Software:
Vectric VCarve and Fusion 360.

kristjan@krossdal.is
www.krossdal.com
Old 01-04-2018, 12:46 PM
CAMaster Owner

I would caution against uncommenting the FTC code in Wincnc until you have spoken directly to Camaster support. They block it off for a reason...to let new users get familiar with the operation of the basic machine first. Then when you are ready, schedule a call with support and they will walk you through the basic operation, setting bit lengths, etc. Its to easy to screw things up quickly without knowing whats going on....so be VERY careful before turning on a feature you may not know how to operate.

just saying...you may be way smarter than me, but I was glad to follow the set pattern! Best luck in either case.
FTC
Laser Pointer
HSD 1.7kw Spindle
Indexing Lathe
WinCNC
Aspire 9
trommlerjg@gmail.com

How to count to 10 in Windows:
1,2,3,95,NT,2000,XP,Vista,7,8,10
Old 01-04-2018, 04:22 PM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
would caution against uncommenting the FTC code in Wincnc until you have spoken directly to Camaster support.
I totally agree! I assumed that 1cmill did that already..
Quote:
We just got ours enabled
It's very easy to make mistakes when you're taking the first steps with your machine, expecially if this is your first CNC.

Options and upgrades:
3.0KW HSD spindle, FTC, Laser Cross Hair, Counter Balance, Digitizing Probe, Remote Handheld Keypad, Indexing Lathe and a 6" gantry overtravel.

Software:

kristjan@krossdal.is
www.krossdal.com
Old 01-04-2018, 09:33 PM
CAMaster Owner

Hey guys,
Camaster enabled our FTC on Monday as instructed when we first got the machine. After that meeting, we tried to post process a design that required 2 tool changes (to try out the new FTC function). That is when we encountered the error message. I figured Krossdal would have encountered something similar since he is running almost the identical setup...in addition we are using the PP that he has been working on. At this point Im not sure if this is a Camaster issue, WinCNC issue, or Fusion 360 issue. Haven't had a chance to try Vectric yet, will keep you posted.

Options:
1.7KW HSD Spindle, FTC, Laser, Counter Balance, Indexing Lathe, 2" gantry lift

Software:
Fusion 360 and Vectric VCarve Pro
Old 01-11-2018, 01:37 PM
CAMaster Owner

Here is what I have learned thus far:
The reason I got the error is I had a chamfer bit that was assigned tool # 19. According to Michael at Camaster, our machine recognizes 1-10. Once we changed the tool number, bingo. Everything is working fine.

You can find these numbers in fusion 360 by following this path:
CAM > Edit the tool path > select tool > right click to edit tool > Post Processor tab > then change "Number" field (in each job the tool#s must be unique)

Options:
1.7KW HSD Spindle, FTC, Laser, Counter Balance, Indexing Lathe, 2" gantry lift

Software:
Fusion 360 and Vectric VCarve Pro
Old 01-12-2018, 05:35 AM
CAMaster Owner

Awesome!

If you find any bugs in the PP, let me know and I'll try to fix it :)

Options and upgrades:

Software:

kristjan@krossdal.is
www.krossdal.com
Old 03-28-2018, 04:29 PM
CAMaster Owner

Kristjan,

I saw on AutoDesk HSM that they created a Camaster post processor file in November, and updated it last month. Is that file significantly different from yours? I'm going to be using Fusion 360, or really my son's robotics team will, and I'm wondering if I should try to use your PP or the one on their website.

Also, very impressed with your entrepreneurial drive. Going to send you a PM about it.

Todd
Old 03-30-2018, 02:23 PM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
Is that file significantly different from yours?
I took a look at it few days ago and that PP is missing some features I've been adding to mine for the last month.

I made a macro to be able to use the FTC for both the table and also the recoil lathe. The table uses tools 1-10 and the RL uses tools 11-20. I added a parameter in my PP to be able to use the same tool numbers inside Fusion but when I select "Use RL" in the PP config it adds 10 to the toolnumber so WinCNC looks at the correct tool. - hope you understand what I mean.

As of now I can also use some custom NC commands that has not yet been implemented in to the AutodeskHSM PP.

Quote:
Also, very impressed with your entrepreneurial drive.
Thank you very much. It's amazing what you can do on these machines..

Options and upgrades:

Software:

kristjan@krossdal.is
www.krossdal.com
Old 04-14-2018, 09:02 PM
CAMhead Guest

Default Still trying to get post processor for Fusion

I am new to the forum so i hope that i am doing this correctly. I have been using a Stinger III for a couple of years, but have just started using my new Panther with the X3 and am struggling with getting a post processor to work with Fusion 360 and the X3. Just as the original post of this thread indicated I can only get it to work on multiple tool files if i delete the M3 after the s10000 instruction in the Gcode. I have tried using the post that Krossdal attached to his fist reply and it seems to cause the inclusion of the M3 that switches back to T1. Any help or suggestions would be welcome.