CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > The Water Cooler > Questions For The Sales Team!

Old 12-30-2015, 12:04 PM
CAMhead Friend

Default Thinking Of Purchasing....

Good morning everyone. I am very interested in purchasing a CNC machine and have been very impressed with all of the reviews about CAMaster equipment and support service. We are a small shop for now, starting to build an inventory of "unique gifts" to sell. We are already seeing great interest in our embroidery and glass etching items and I want to start getting our wood-made products in full swing. This will not be a full time operation for probably the next year, maybe running the cnc 3 to 4 days a week for 4 hours max. Everyone says go with the larger material footprint and I understand that. It looks as though I can fit a Stinger III in my shop and had a few questions for the forum:

While not being a full time shop, should I get the spindle option or stay with the Milwaukee 3.5 HP for now?

If I should go with a spindle right away, is the 1Kw sufficient? Are all spindles from CAMaster 220V 3 phase, 4 conductor?

Is the Performance Package Pro worth the money? Do I need it?

I do want the T Slot table

Will the 10 piece starter bit set be sufficient for carving and engraving to start with?

Thank you all
Christopher
Old 12-30-2015, 12:14 PM
Administrator, (MOD, KOTR)

Great ideas and due diligence come from going to a sop near you with a CAMaster machine, nothing beats hands on and making friends.

some here will answer your questions, we are a larger shop

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ
Old 12-30-2015, 12:19 PM
CAMhead Friend

thank you James
Old 12-30-2015, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceiffert View Post
Good morning everyone. I am very interested in purchasing a CNC machine and have been very impressed with all of the reviews about CAMaster equipment and support service. We are a small shop for now, starting to build an inventory of "unique gifts" to sell. We are already seeing great interest in our embroidery and glass etching items and I want to start getting our wood-made products in full swing. This will not be a full time operation for probably the next year, maybe running the cnc 3 to 4 days a week for 4 hours max. Everyone says go with the larger material footprint and I understand that. It looks as though I can fit a Stinger III in my shop and had a few questions for the forum:

While not being a full time shop, should I get the spindle option or stay with the Milwaukee 3.5 HP for now?

If I should go with a spindle right away, is the 1Kw sufficient? Are all spindles from CAMaster 220V 3 phase, 4 conductor?

Is the Performance Package Pro worth the money? Do I need it?

I do want the T Slot table

Will the 10 piece starter bit set be sufficient for carving and engraving to start with?

Thank you all
Christopher
I agree get the foot print you need now as well as what you want to grow into.
A cnc will increase your business and you want to make sure you do not limit
yourself with size of machine. There are a good bit of folks that are on their 2nd
machine because the first had limitations.

If you can get the spindle upfront then do it. It is quite and will have a much longer
life span than the router. Thant being said I have a router on my personal machine
and it does anything I need it to. I just have to keep in mind its limitations and work
within those limits. I make a few more passes and tweak my speeds to help the router
out.

I would get the 1.7kw or larger. The 1.0kw is not my favorite spindle I would personalty
stick with the router if the 1.0 was my only option.

All stingers II and III's are 220v single phase. Amps depend on the options you get like spindle.

I have t slots on my table and do not use them as much as I thought. they would be good for
signs and such but they do not fit the bill on certain size and shapes. I most of the time pop
a couple screws in to my work.

I would get the package if I where you. These items are just options. You do not need them
but they will make life so much better for you and you will be more productive with them when
you get the hang of them.

The starter set comes with a good array of bits to get you started. It is a good value.

If you are looking at the Stinger III you may want to look at the Panther as well.
It is a new setup we have been moving the last month or so. It has made a big splash
in sales. It is a cross over and blend of the Stinger III and Cobra. It takes the place of
the Stinger IV but comes with servos like the Cobra. It is the best bang for the buck on the
market period.

unlike the Stinger IV you start off with the 3.5 router and upgrade to spindle. The one
in the pics is a atc.

We do not have it on the site yet and have sold over 20 of them in the last 3 weeks or so.
I have a few pics attached.

a 4x8 Panther starts at $18,995
Attached Images
File Type: jpg File Dec 18, 11 55 16 AM.jpg (98.2 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg File Dec 18, 11 52 39 AM.jpg (67.7 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg panther_quote.jpg (87.7 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg File Dec 18, 11 53 51 AM.jpg (79.4 KB, 156 views)

US Router Tools
888-720-TOOL (8665)
www.usroutertools.com
Old 12-30-2015, 01:22 PM
CAMhead Friend

Thank you Joey. Excellent information. Regarding the Panther 4x8, doe it come with the rotary tool changer? Is the footprint larger than the Stinger III ?

Thanks

Christopher
Old 12-30-2015, 02:43 PM
Administrator, (MOD, KOTR)

You will never regret a tool changer and will pine for it if you need it and do not get it.

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ
Old 12-30-2015, 05:35 PM
CAMaster Owner

Christopher,

I have a Stinger III and have had excellent experience with it so far. Don't know where you are located, but I'm in SE Texas, if that's close for you, you are welcome to visit.
What sort of work are you going to be doing? Odd shapes are probably better suited for a vacuum table. The vacuum was an afterthought for me, recommended by a friend, and I really enjoy and use it.

Just a thought. Good luck with you decision making.
Photo V-Carve
Hurricane Vac Epilog Helix
FTC

A woman drove me to drink...
and I didn't even have the courtesy to thank her
Old 12-30-2015, 05:43 PM
CAMhead Friend

Thank you Jim.... I am in Metairie, LA., about 12 miles West of New Orleans. I want to start off simple with things like signs, boxes, holiday figures, plaques, etc. (mostly things we can sell as creative artistic gifts). However, I am open to other things as I get comfortable with the machine. I'd like to get a 4x8 so I am not limited in the future. I'm not interested in using it to do any commercial carpentry as I am not in that field.

Christopher
Old 12-30-2015, 06:07 PM
CAMaster Owner

Joey, is that a typical vacuum layout in the top? How are zones distributed?
Auto relief valve
Vectric Aspire
Old 12-30-2015, 06:41 PM
CAMaster Owner

I am about 3 hours from Slidell and should have my Stinger III in 3 weeks or hopefully sooner. You would be welcome to come see it.

Panther 4x8
FTC
Laser cross hairs
Recoil
Aspire
Hurricane

Sold-
Stinger I

What a load of fun!!!
www.bodkacoffee.com