CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > The Water Cooler > The Water Cooler

Old 07-14-2018, 08:06 PM
CAMaster Owner

Default Its been a long day

Started the day off tramming the spindle as last night, I was getting some pretty bad stepping. Luckily, the x axis on the spindle is four bolts and I was able to mark their original position and loosen three of the four and nudge the spindle mounting plate so slightly. A simple test using Micks Spoilboard Wizard set to 24 x 24 and it showed a perfect cut. THANKS MICK...
Next, pull the old spoil board and lets surface the plenum, as we saw dips in it on an earlier post.
Holy cow, it was in bad shape. It took five passes at .010 to true it flat.
I pulled the new spoilboard on and got is pulled down with the pump and surfaced it, ready to be flipped and glued.
I left off the bad part-while on pass four of the plenum, i got a Y SERVO FAILURE on line 70. I was able to lift the head and restart the wizard and complete the pass. On pass five, it did the same thing again. Again, I was able to move the head and finish the program.
When I started milling the new spoilboard, the Y SERVO FAILURE happened again. This time the head would not move. I could not enter any keyboard commands or move the head manually. I had a 4" flycutter sitting on the surface spinning at 12,000 with no way to move it. I hit the EMO and the spindle stopped. During the stoppage, I still had no keyboard response. I reset the EMO and the spindle started again on the surface. EMO time again. This time, I was able to lift the cutter of the surface and get some gap in there. Dont know what the heck happened. Could it have gotten too hot? 99 degrees in the shop and the computer said it was at 99 also.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I will possibly post this on the regular forum as just the servo failure as this post is kinda long.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4897.jpg (71.7 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4898.jpg (63.2 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4899.jpg (60.9 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4901.jpg (64.4 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4902.jpg (61.2 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4903.jpg (90.7 KB, 80 views)
Old 07-15-2018, 04:43 PM
CAMaster Owner

responded to your other post
HSD 12HP ATC
20 Tool Holder
25HP Regen Vac

2017 Panther 408
HSD 5HP ATC
6 Tool Rotary Carousel
Recoil Lathe
Laser
Aspire 9.0
PhotoVcarve

Be humble.
Be kind.
Be grateful.
Life is too short and prone to quickly change to live otherwise.