CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > The Water Cooler > Questions For The Sales Team!

Old 02-03-2016, 06:50 PM
CAMaster Owner

Default Setting up Shop - electrical etc.

While waiting on delivery of Stinger 1 I am upgrading my shop a little. It is a very small shop. The stinger will sit with it's right side against the wall. My questions are:

1. The best location of electrical outlet? Towards front or back of machine, high or low. In other words where do the electrical cords exit the machine.

2. It seems I read somewhere that I should have a separate 20A circuit for the 3.25hp router and another for the rest of the machine. Is this correct or is one 20 amp circuit adequate? (I have a separate circuit already dedicated to the computer)

3. I am running an air line along this wall. Where is the air assist hookup located on the machine - front, back, left, right?

4. I have a small diaphragm compressor that I use for air assist on my Epilog laser. Would this be adequate to plumb to the cnc or do I need to get a small pancake compressor. What pressure is the air assist regulated to on the cnc?

Thanks for answers to all my newbie setup questions. Looking forward to the machine coming my way.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:01 PM
CAMaster Owner

4. It will be fine. It uses very little air. I think the regulator on mine is set close to 50 psi.

Panther 4x8
FTC
Laser cross hairs
Recoil
Aspire
Hurricane

Sold-
Stinger I

What a load of fun!!!
www.bodkacoffee.com
Old 02-03-2016, 07:13 PM
Stinger I Owner

1. The best location of electrical outlet? Towards front or back of machine, high or low. In other words where do the electrical cords exit the machine.

1 - I ran mine out the back but it really isn't critical - whichever works for your layout.

2. It seems I read somewhere that I should have a separate 20A circuit for the 3.25hp router and another for the rest of the machine. Is this correct or is one 20 amp circuit adequate? (I have a separate circuit already dedicated to the computer)

2 - Can't answer, I have the spindle option on it's own 220v/20amp circuit.

3. I am running an air line along this wall. Where is the air assist hookup located on the machine - front, back, left, right?

3 - The pressure regulator on mine (2013 model) is on the outboard side of the left gantry. I don't think they have moved it.

edit: The air line input for the lift runs from the lift, through the two E-Chains and exits on the left side of the machine. I hope that makes sense...

4. I have a small diaphragm compressor that I use for air assist on my Epilog laser. Would this be adequate to plumb to the cnc or do I need to get a small pancake compressor. What pressure is the air assist regulated to on the cnc?

4 - You'll need to maintain ~35 psi (preset by Camaster) in the lift. The lift does not vent air per se but it needs to be pressurized.
FTC
Laser Pointer
HSD 1.7kw Spindle
KRS USB Keypad
Mick Martin Table
Aspire 8.5, WinCNC
Chips-a-flyin’
brucep128@gmail.com

Last edited by Bruce Page; 02-03-2016 at 07:48 PM.

Tags
air, circuits, electrical, power