CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > The Water Cooler > The Water Cooler

Old 06-14-2018, 11:39 AM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JomoTa View Post
This is my first post. Just received my Stinger I yesterday. Plan to move it to its table over the weekend following the methods mentioned above.

I built a little sled that allowed me the ability to pull it off the trailer. Once off, using the 2x4s with the dados to protect the rails the Dingo I rented did the rest. If you have 4 strong men you could save yourself some money.

Good luck!

Stinger I SR-23
1.7KW (2.27HP) Spindle
Performance Package Plus
FTC Enabled
VCarve Pro 9.0
www.instagram.com/jwhdesignco
Old 06-15-2018, 05:53 PM
CAMhead Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWHDesignCo View Post
I built a little sled that allowed me the ability to pull it off the trailer. Once off, using the 2x4s with the dados to protect the rails the Dingo I rented did the rest. If you have 4 strong men you could save yourself some money.

Good luck!
Thanks Wes. I have four people coming tomorrow plus myself. The part that has completely thrown me off is how to put it on the factory provided table that has no clearance for our hands to slip out.

Last edited by JomoTa; 06-15-2018 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:04 PM
CAMaster Owner

I would also recommend sliding the gantry to the middle of the cnc table just to balance the load when you lift it. I failed to do that and was stuck on the "heavy end" when we lifted it.

Think someone posted just recently about using metal rods run through the end braces to lift with. That way your hands are clear of the area where you have to line up the mounting bolts.
FTC
Laser Pointer
HSD 1.7kw Spindle
Indexing Lathe
WinCNC
Aspire 9
trommlerjg@gmail.com

How to count to 10 in Windows:
1,2,3,95,NT,2000,XP,Vista,7,8,10
Old 06-15-2018, 06:05 PM
CAMaster Owner

Lay some thin boards on top of the fame at either end so you can place the machine up there without smashing your and your friend's fingers. You can then work the two thin board out carefully with the help of your helpers.

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax - slider/JP/BS
Festool "a good collection"
Stubby - lathe
Oneida Cyclone
more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
Commission work for equestrian tack storage and other custom furniture and cabinetry
Located Bucks County PA
http://bvww.us
Old 06-15-2018, 09:50 PM
CAMhead Friend

Thanks again Jim_in_PA and Wes. I was able to raise the levelers high enough to stick two 2 x 4 for now and will get the 2 gas pipes of same length tomorrow unless you think the 2 x 4 will do just fine. I also fired her up and moved the gantry towards the center and set the spindle back on the table with foam spacer.

Sorry for asking a dumb question but am I supposed to remove only the Nylon footing (RED) and keep the threaded screw (BLUE) and bolt assembly when I move it to my factory provided table or just bolt it to the table with another set (BLACK) that was in my delivered box?

Should I remove my indexer also before attempting to lift it ... I just checked it and it looks like it will get in the way of the table setup.

Last edited by JomoTa; 06-16-2018 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Additional detail
Old 06-16-2018, 09:38 AM
CAMhead Friend

^^ I think I am finally getting the screw and bolt mix up. This set should replace the one that came installed with the machine.

For the indexer side ...

If this is correct please ignore my previous post on which bolt to use on the table.