CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > CAMaster Machines > Stinger Series CNC Routers > Stinger III

Old 05-23-2017, 08:01 PM
CAMaster Owner

Default Foot size on the stinger 3 leg.

Stinger 3 foot size? Looks like 6x6 is close from the pics. But I want to make sure.

I'm building some dollys for mine out of 1/4 plate and I'm planning on just leaving the under the legs. That way I can pull it away from the wall a bit for cleaning or whatever.

I don't have the machine yet and I need to have these made before it gets here in a 2 weeks ( I hope ).
Old 05-23-2017, 08:27 PM
Camaster Owner

Their is no need to build dollies. The bottom of the legs come drilled and tapped for caster wheels or leveling feet. I believe they are tapped 3/4"-10. I bought a set of Caster Wheels online and used them when we moved. I have in the past had them on the machine while I have cut as well. They work great. Getting them on and off is easy just use a floor jack to carefully lift one side of the machine at a time. If you do a search on the forum their should be a thread that comes up on Caster Wheels. I moved my machine with the help of one other person. Rolled it onto a small trailer tied it down and drove away. I am not sure you will want to leave it permanently on the casters or dollies if you go that route though. I did not like the added height or I would have probably just left them on.

Here is the link to the old thread.....

http://www.camheads.org/showthread.p...eferrerid=3285

Stinger II 48" x 48"
V Carve Pro, Corel Draw X8
1.7 kwh spindle
Performance Package
Hurricane Black Box Vac
Oneida 5hp Super Dust Gorrilla

Last edited by Brendt; 05-23-2017 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:50 AM
CAMaster Owner

I was building the dollys so it would only add 1/2" to the height of the machine.

1/4" off the ground and 1/4"steel. Kind of like those car dollys but with flat bottoms.

I'm 5'7" so I don't want it ending up 3 or 4 inches taller if I just bolt casters to it.

So, how big is the bottom of the leg in real life?
Old 05-24-2017, 02:53 AM
CAMaster Owner

Nevermind, I see in that post somebody brought up how the machine would move with the gantry jerking around.

Thanks for the link, I'll get those wheels just for installing it.