CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > CAMaster Machines > General Discussion

Old 10-20-2017, 03:36 PM
CAMaster Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiddle View Post
Has anyone here been involved in, or contributed to, or had any conversations at all about the new upgrade to the Cobra Elite? I was told to ask my questions here, but the first Camaster post on the Cobra Elite was posted yesterday (10/17). The post has the same info as the website.
Hey JBiddle,

What sales was talking about was asking guys here on the forum what they thought a a good upgrade would be for you on your next machine based on their experiences. Users normally have different experiences with their machine and hearing from them before making a purchase can be helpful in your decision making. That's part of what makes this forum the asset it is to all that use it. Keep in mind that the Cobra Elite has more standard options than before. If you have any questions on the Cobra Elite or any one of our other machines, please feel free to post under the "Questions For The Sales Team!" section of the forum or call into CAMaster.

Frankenstinger 25x48 custom machine
Old 10-20-2017, 05:03 PM
Cobra Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Bennett View Post
Hey Charlie,

Yes, the lubrication on the Cobra Elite is different. The Cobra Elite comes with grease fittings (grease zerks) on all bearings and ballscrew. This gives the operator access to every grease point with just a grease gun. This makes lubrication and maintenance of your machine much faster and much simpler.
That's good news Luke. It's a great looking machine. Congratulations to you and everyone who worked on the design. I guess this means my plain ol' Cobra is destined to become an Artifact...I think I'll hang on to it. ;)
WinCNC
www.hindocarina.com
http://facebook.com/hindocarina

Last edited by de5; 10-23-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:21 PM
CAMhead Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiddle View Post
Tell me why this pump would be better. I could sell my current pump with the CNC, but what would the Becker 10hp pump do better than the FPZ 15hp?
Suck harder. 25" Hg vs 14-15".
You can always use more vacuum.

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints

Old 10-22-2017, 06:16 PM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
Suck harder. 25" Hg vs 14-15".
You can always use more vacuum.
Does the 10hp Becker produce enough volume for sheet goods once a lot of the parts have been cut out?

Gerry, I just noticed you're from Shelby Twp. My in-laws live there as well, near 25 and Dequindre.
Performance package (FTC, Laser, C'balance)
Recoil ready
15HP FPZ regen w/starter
Auto relief valve
Vectric VCarvePro
Old 10-22-2017, 06:23 PM
Cobra Owner

Becker makes a lot of different models. You should go to their site to see what is available. It looks like the VTLF and X series have the most CFM in high vacuum, oil-less pumps. Unfortunately Becker does not list prices; you'll have to write to them for the sticker shock. https://beckerpumps.com/
WinCNC
www.hindocarina.com
http://facebook.com/hindocarina

Last edited by de5; 10-22-2017 at 06:32 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:11 PM
CAMhead Legend

My experience is with "big iron" machines, and all of them use Becker or similar pumps.

We have a 5x12 table, with 2 10HP Beckers. We cut mostly 4x8 sheets, which leaves 50% of the spoilboard uncovered. I can cut a full sheets of 3"X24" parts, as long as I onion skin them.

If you already have the regen, you might as well start with it and see if it work for you. There are a lot of factors involved with vacuum, so the regen may be fine.

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints

Old 10-23-2017, 03:14 PM
Camaster Owner

Wish this machine had been available 8 months ago. Oh well.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:44 PM
CAMaster Owner

http://www.camheads.org/showthread.php?t=8693

Check out the elite I just got; some of the questions asked here are already answered there (with pictures as well)

The first CAMaster I ever used was a Cobra 408 x3 from 2011 or so; then I operated a PT-508 x3 (both machines had lathes).. The cobra I cut 8 hrs a day, every day for nearly a year straight. Polypropylene plastics.. pretty dense stuff. Cobra cut it like butter.

When it came time to buy my own machine.. I didn't even consider the x3; and went right for the Cobra. I enjoyed using the Cobra more than the Panther.. and I'm still not quiet sure why as the machines were made roughly 6 years apart. It's nothing against the Panther.. still an amazing machine.. but a Cobra.. well. It's just a cobra
C. T. Whyte LLC