CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > Tips & Techniques > General Discussion

Old 02-08-2018, 09:23 AM
CAMaster Owner

Default Moving a Stinger 1 23 a couple of miles

Hello,

We're moving to another building in a couple of weeks. Fortunately, it's only about 3 miles away. I want to be sure my Stinger 1 23 doesn't get damaged during the move. The machine is mounted on the optional stand. One concern is the casters- they seem a little small. Other than that are there any other precautions to take to ensure the gantry etc. don't receive any damage.

I found Gary's advice on this thread: http://www.camheads.org/showthread.p...t=transporting

Thanks,

Kyle
Suwanee, GA
CAMaster Stinger 1 23
FTC, Laser Cross Hair
Vectric V Carve Pro
Remote Handheld Keypad
Solid Edge ST10
Old 02-08-2018, 11:38 AM
CAMhead Friend

The machine should survive the move with no issues if you lock it in place in your transport vehicle/trailer, preferably with the back end toward a wall that you can security fasten it to and then lock down the remaining to the bed or side walls so it doesn't move. If the casters don't lock securely enough for your comfort, remove them once the machine is in the transport vehicle.

Alternatively, you could remove the machine from the stand and securely fasten it to the floor of your transport vehicle separate from the stand.

This is relative to the physical machine overall...you'll want to be sure to understand what needs to be done (or not) relative to "locking" the gantry in place, etc...I'm new to this and don't have any knowledge at that detail level.

On Order:

SR-44, 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro

Already in the shop...

SCM/Minimax - slider/JP/BS
Festool "a good collection"
Stubby - lathe
Oneida Cyclone
more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
Commission work for equestrian tack storage and other custom furniture and cabinetry
Located Bucks County PA