CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > New CNC Setup. > Vacuum, work holding, dust collection

Old 10-01-2018, 12:27 PM
CAMhead Friend

Default Regen blower inline filter construction

Any successful attempts by anyone here at building your own inline canister filter out of PVC fittings and it working really well? The $1000+ price tag for a simple canister and filter is just nuts to me. I found a few canister filter assemblies for bulldozers and such that would appear to work for less than 1/5 the price, UNLESS (which with my luck I'm sure this is the case) that the CFM or cubic meters/hour airflow with them isn't enough for a blower.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:32 PM
CAMhead Legend

No...and don't....the volume of the canister is too large for plastic it will implode and kill your pump. Ever touch down an impeller? Ain't pretty.

$350-ish via Zoro, ebay et al: Vacuum Filter,5 Micron SOLBERG CSL-851-250HC
MPN: CSL-851-250HC, SKU: G1304161

Product Details
Filter Element, Standard Duty, Inlet (In.) 2-1/2 (F)NPT, Outlet (In.) 2 1/2 (F)NPT, Filter Rating (Microns) 5, Max. Flow (CFM) 210, Carbon Steel, Efficiency Rating 99 Percent, Dia. (In.) 8-3/4, Height (In.) 10-1/2, Application Vacuum,
Old 10-01-2018, 03:40 PM
CAMhead Friend

Thanks Brady. The canisters I was looking at are metal. I was 99.999% sure there wasn't an easy way around it. I need one with a 4" inlet and outlet.