CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > Software > Mozaik Software

Old 09-14-2017, 02:58 PM
CAMhead Guest

Red face Mosaik for Closets - Anyone Using It?

Hi All,

New to posts and forums, so hopefully I'm doing it right!

Wondering how people find it for closets specifically, and how easy it is for sales/design staff to draw up jobs on the spot and for me to get it through to the CNC.

Our designers don't have conventional CAD abilities or time, which is why we are so attracted to Mosaik versus CV or 20/20, etc. We need, or will need the features Mosaik offers versus free or cheaper programs out there, as we grow and expand our lines.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can afford some time to help us out!

Some info about us if relevant to your responses:

We build custom closets and use 32mm single gable construction with vb fitted (double cam) fasteners for fixed shelves.

We do floor and wall mount.

For hanging, we currently use steel tracks with adjustable hanging brackets and pvc covers, but are open to the default metal cleat cutouts that Mosaik appears to have as a default. Wondering if we can easily set our standard heights and move things in the eleveation view for custom walls, and if it is difficult to make custom drilling for vb fittings if not already in the library.

For floor mount, we don't use ladder box or double gable. We also do wall units, and basic office furniture, using our same 3/4 laminate for counter tops and sometimes for crown/crown with LED lights, and caps.

Any comments/advice about the CNC interface, or paperless app (eg for our cut shop and installers) would be most welcome as well.

We are pre-purchase, and have managed to find some Mosaik training videos online to answer questions that their info staff are taking a while to answer or possibly ignoring. Not to say anything bad about them, I fully understand their model and philosophy, and am excited to use their program. It's just that $450 plus time, is a lot to invest to find out one or two deal-breakers might exist.

I honestly believe their sales would be boosted if they simply made their training videos or forums more open in some way to pre-purchase customers- even if it was only for a limited time/temporary link like webinars. I have spent a lot of time already just researching the open forums and seeing how their program has improved since 2013-2015 and feel it is ready for us now, and we are ready for it.

Looks like an awesome suite, and I hope to hear back! Thanks!!

Jay
Incredible Closets
Victoria, BC CANADA
Old 09-14-2017, 08:20 PM
CAMaster Owner

I would suggest reaching out directly to Gary Campbell and/or Jim McGrew on this forum in regards to those questions. While I am sure there are others that would know, I am pretty new here myself and those are the two that come to mind. Both are stellar individuals and help out many.

Best wishes!
20 Tool Holder
25HP Regen Vac

2017 Panther 408
HSD 5HP ATC
6 Tool Rotary Carousel
Recoil Lathe
Laser
Aspire 9.0
PhotoVcarve

"You never learn anything by doing it right."
If that were true, I would be one of the most intelligent people you would ever meet.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:06 PM
Camaster owner

Mosaic is an awesome program I use it day in and day out specifically for cabinetry but we also do custom closets which are two different animals all together Mosaic will definitely get you to where you want . you will need some training but it's definitely worth it I could not imagine doing this without it
Old 09-15-2017, 07:23 AM
CAMhead Legend

Quote:
It's just that $450 plus time, is a lot to invest to find out one or two deal-breakers might exist.
$450 is money well spent to find out if it will work for you. I think it's the only way that you will know for sure.
I've never used Mozaik, but have been doing this for 20 years, and have used several $20K programs in that time.

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints

Old 09-15-2017, 08:00 AM
CAMaster Owner

I use Mozaik everyday. i like the program. produces quick gcode and printed cut lists and labels. In my opinion, $450 is a very cheap investment to find out if a product will work for you. Is spending 20k and then finding out the software doesn't work for you a good idea? All software updates are free, good technical support online is free. it's been great for me for the almost 3 years I've used it.

Cobra 510
10HP ATC
Vacuum Table
Old 09-15-2017, 08:06 AM
CAMhead Friend

I have switched to Mozaik and am very happy with the program. Watching their online videos is helpful and gives you a feeling for their capability. But the training is where you will really learn how to set up your shop methods, etc. If you want to try it, I recommend that you sign up for 3 months on the design portion and try it out. If you think it will work for you then sign up for the full cnc complete version and get a few hours of training with them. Its an investment in you and the program. I signed up for 4 @ 2 hour sessions and it cost me $600. I have the full cnc version. Its well worth the money. The training staff are / were cabinet shop owners so they know our business. I have my shop construction method in place and my guys in the shop like it for its simplicity. I generate the sheet list with labelled parts, print out door and drawer reports which I buy out from vendors. It provides shop drawings, great presenation drawings, etc. Its tied in with sketchup also. As you sell each job, the program pays for itself - as Jim McGrew says that its like less than a linear foot of cabinetry and hes right.
Brian
Old 09-15-2017, 02:23 PM
CAMhead Guest

Thanks everyone for such immediate responses and thought out assistance/encouragement. I fully agree that trialing software can be much more expensive than Mosaik's offering (I am implementing a CRM too), and it helps to hear from all of you in the trenches that this cautionary bit of generally accepted knowledge is in fact quite true :)
Thanks again for the warm welcome!
Cheers, Jay

Many thanks, we
Old 09-15-2017, 02:34 PM
CAMhead Guest

PS - Anyone know where I can view the closet training videos pre-purchase?

Also, for those interested, I got this info from WoodWeb forum this morning (from semi-anonymous user named "B"):

"V 6.1 is updating closets and should include some great new features like auto notch for base mold, hang rail, radius corners,etc."
Old 09-15-2017, 05:48 PM
Camaster owner

You have to purchase the software to get a link to the videos. but they are plentiful . I highly recommend you getting the training it's about $75 an hour But well worth it . walk through with the pro a couple of times at least . You'll get one hour free when you first sign up I believe . You will not regret going with the software if you are a closet manufacture the customers and six has a lot of new features for closet manufacturers specifically. Michael is the trainer you wii probably get I have worked with him a couple of times he knows his stuff especially on closet manufacturing
Old 10-06-2017, 11:10 AM
Administrator, (MOD, KOTR)

Default Who called me

And was well versed in moziak,, i need to talk again call me !

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

Tags
closet, mosaik