CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > The Water Cooler > New Forum Members

Old 01-30-2018, 11:01 PM
CAMhead Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by carasel View Post
Mike,
If you ever get into north east Tn. Your welcome to stop by and see my machine and setup. I am about 20 minutes away from the Bristol race track.
My main use of the router is cutting cabinet parts. The quality of cut and fit of parts is so nice.
Thanks for the invite Eddie, and I might just take you up on that offer. What software are you using? Iím playing around with the trial version of Vcarve and designed a base cab side and got the Toolpaths correct, pretty proud of myself but donít think I saved it correctly and canít open the file.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:52 AM
CAMhead Friend

I use Cabinet Parts Pro for part layout to cut on the router. as far as I know. You have to copy to vcarve before cutting. There was a free trial of it available. You could do five cabinets with the free trial. Saves you the time of drawing each part. Jim turned me on to it. (thanks again Jim!)
The only issue I had was trying to copy it to v carve. It would shut down. I figured out. Delete the 1/4" backs, before copying. Then it would work. I cut backs on the slider. So it's not an issue for me.
When I have angled / radius cabinets in the job. I use CPP. Design a square box. With the outside dimensions matching what I need. With back groove and shelf holes. Then in vcarve I just change it to the angle or radius I need.
This way shelf holes and cabinet dimensions, already match other cabinets in the job. Less chance of my mishaps.
I did design in Cabinet ware. Trying Mozaik now. So everything is done in one program.
20hp regen vac
laser pointer
V carve 8.0
Old 02-03-2018, 10:15 AM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by carasel View Post
I did design in Cabinet ware. Trying Mozaik now. So everything is done in one program.
Eddie,
How long have you been using Mozaik and what is your impression/opinion of it now?
HSD 5HP ATC
6 Tool Rotary Carousel
Recoil Lathe
Laser
Aspire 9.0

On order:
Cobra Elite 5 x 10 ATC
20 Tool Holder
25HP Regen Vac

"You never learn anything by doing it right."
If that were true, I would be one of the most intelligent people you would ever meet.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:27 AM
CAMaster Owner

Eddie, I think you will like Mozaik. Watch the videos. I use it daily and I'm happy with it. Price is right too

Cobra 510
10HP ATC
Vacuum Table
Old 02-03-2018, 11:12 AM
CAMhead Friend

I looked at cabinet parts pro but you canít do face frame cabinets on it and thatís what I do so...

You mention you use 1/4Ē backs, are you just using a a nailer strip on the inside on top and bottom (wall cab) for screws. Also are you milling a groove for back to set into or just stapling it on the back?