CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > The Water Cooler > The CAMhead Locker Room!

Old 02-12-2018, 02:17 AM
Camaster Owner

Default Save the Date!

So this was a pretty cool little project I did for my Mother in Law. I don't have a CNC laser, so what I did was applied a few coats of spray lacquer to 1/4" baltic birch. Sanded in between coats, I programmed a few different fonts I found online till we got one we all liked. Once I was done lacquering, I engraved using Amana "In Groove" insert v bits.

Then I applied General Finishes Java gel based stain to the engrave, and wiped off the rest. To cut the shapes out, I used a 1/16" end mill.

This is one of my favorite items I have worked on. I love the different steps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo Apr 05, 7 09 38 PM.jpg (87.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Apr 09, 7 35 05 PM.jpg (91.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Apr 09, 8 13 04 PM.jpg (87.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Apr 09, 6 11 42 PM.jpg (89.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Apr 09, 7 03 04 PM.jpg (87.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Apr 09, 7 03 20 PM.jpg (85.7 KB, 35 views)

CAMaster Stinger III
Old 02-12-2018, 05:48 AM
CAMaster Owner

All of your projects are look good...post more when you have time. Subscribed to this thread.

IG: @teamleaderholsters
FB: Facebook.com/teamleaderholsters

Stinger SR-23 w/stand
Laser Cross Hair, FTC
Sealed MDF Top, T‐Slot tracks
3.25 Porter Cable, Kent Dust Boot
Aspire 8.5, WinCNC
Old 02-12-2018, 11:58 AM
CAMaster Owner

Thumbs up Clean cut on plywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieM View Post
This is just great man...I am having the time of my life with my machine! Doing all kinds of neat "stuff"...buying cool tools. And is it me or am I the only person that loves the smell of new tooling? It's always fun getting packages (not mail, because mail is usually bills) but man, something sparks when I know the package has tooling!

My Wife and I just started our own little company this past January, and I worked my tail off to get our Stinger III. Now it has been up and running for almost three full months, and I feel very comfortable with it. This is our first CNC machine, but its no where near the first I've used. It is the first "small" machine I have used, both of us (the machine and I) are doing just fine.

We are just starting to market ourselves a little bit, its actually been two weeks and we set up all kinds of social media accounts, joined a local forum, contacted a few companies (27 actually). We are a job shop, cnc routing services. So everyone reading this will actually watch us grow...I hope! We've done a couple of little jobs, nothing too crazy...we are just starting out and putting a little buzz in everyone's ear.

We have a lot of stuff to make...a few phone calls and inquires that may lead to something. In them mean time...this may not be GRANDE, or so awesome you'll spit your coffee out when you see the pics...but its the beginning to something I love to do.
EddieM: That's a really clean cut. Can you share your settings/tool choice? i.e. feeds and speeds, end mill type (down, or up cut or compression) etc.

Thank you
Performance Package Pro
Phenolic Table Top
Software - WinCNC
Design Software - CUT2D

Last edited by abesau; 02-12-2018 at 11:59 AM. Reason: clarify