CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > The Water Cooler > Camps, Training, Meetings

Old 04-18-2017, 09:05 AM
CAMaster Owner

Default SignFinishing 101, Oct & Nov 2017

I have 2 scheduled classes this fall, with only one or 2 spaces left in each one. Details are on Pre-signfinishing101 on Facebook ( I have to add you if you're not already on there .... you'll need to send a friend request to Rodger MacMunn)

Attached is the primary project you'll go home with. I'll show you how to paint this even if you say "I don't have an artistic bone in my body" .

Classes are small ( 4 max) because my teaching style is to let you start to make a mistake, stop you, show you what you're doing wrong & then explain or show you how to "fix" it.

You'll need your passport, & if you have a criminal record, you'll not likely be allowed into Canada. BTW, I'm within a day's drive of all of Ohio, NY, PA, NJ, DE , MD, MA, CT, RI, VT, NH, most of Michigan, & parts of KY, IN, WV & VA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017WorkshopTraci3.jpg (84.2 KB, 41 views)
Aspire 3.5
Mach3
CoreldrawX3
Old 04-18-2017, 07:41 PM
CAMhead Friend

Rodger is a great teacher, highly recommend this class for anyone who wants to start producing better finished products/signs. Even as a hobby the class gives you greater confidence. The things you learn will save you countless hours and headaches!!

(I have not been compensated for this promotional testimonial, but I'm not opposed to that lol...I do like him and his wife and recommend the class compensation or not).
Old 04-18-2017, 08:52 PM
CAMaster Owner

Rodger offers a great class, I will be attending SignFinishing 102 it was so good. What I learned from him I could not have learned in 1,000 hours of web searching, you tube and my own costly mistakes.
Hurricane Vac Table
Recoil Indexing Lathe Ready
Old 08-10-2017, 04:33 PM
CAMaster Owner

Thanks for the unsolicited testimonials, Andy & Cliff .....

This may or may not be common knowledge, but these 2 classes this fall will be the last, at least in this format. I'm not really "retiring" but I'm drawing one pension now, another is on the horizon & I'm scaling back ... starting with the stuff that really cuts into my time with the grandmonsters. Although I really enjoy teaching, & I've made some lifelong friends doing so, the classes will be the first to get the axe.

There's one space left in each of the fall classes. I don't really care if I fill those spaces, but if anyone aspires to learn how to do "all that fussy painting"...... well, you can't put it off any longer.

The Pre-Signfinishing FB page has been taken down, so if you're interested, you'll have to PM me here.

Next on the "chopping block" will be sandblasting. Although sandblasting a woodgrain texture is 15X faster than routing the bitmap, I'm tired. The setup alone is a lot of work, heavy work at that, & I'm a "fall chicken" now. That's why I'm selling off my CHVG cedar.

No, I don't have scirhossis of the liver, if you're wondering, in fact, apparently I can't even spell it.....

It's just "time" .....
Aspire 3.5
Mach3
CoreldrawX3