CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > The Water Cooler > The Water Cooler

Old 11-18-2015, 03:03 PM
CAMaster Owner

The forum helped me in a different way to buy a Camaster. I was reading about some of the owners problems with their machines. It was getting frustrating for a few people. But I could see how Camaster was working at getting the problem fixed. To me there are a few good C.N.C. manufacturers. But when it came to service after the sale... as in fixing problems for owners, that's where Camaster is first class. And when I had a problem, I could usually find the answer in the Camaster forums.
Corel X4 Autosketch 9 Aspire 4

"The economy is not as bad as we are led to believe. Many merchants report this year's going-out-of-business sales are much better than last year."
Old 11-18-2015, 08:13 PM
CAMaster owner

When I did my research it came down to 2 machines (I'm sure everyone knows the other one too) the forums and the people posting were very helpful. When I sent them an email, the experience was not so good but nothing that would prevent a purchase.

What it came down to for me was the camaster was simply better. The additions for the machine simply make it easier to use. The laser XY, and the FTC.

The final part was the lathe addition to the side of the machine. On the other one you have to mount it to the bed, thar really limits it and it costs virtually the same and relies on the aluminum T-tracks and not the steel of the machine. It's simply a much more capable setup and time saving and a much better design.

One additional note is the people on here are amazing, a real convincing point for me was having representatives from companies that work in the industry and will help any time of night and day. Having James, Joey, Mick, Gary, The guys at Camaster. Jim Petrin for his patience for helping me put in my order. All the help from the regulars, and Charlie L for helping me with the bit list. The projects everyone posts are amazing and have inspired me to learn something every day.

Thank you for allowing me to lurk and learn.

For me, I simply consider it the best company and machine on the market.
2015 Stinger II SR-44
1.7Kw Spindle - Speed Control
Performance Pro + 900 Mhz Motors
Recoil Lathe
Handheld Controller
T-Track Top
Aspire / SketchUp Pro
Old 11-18-2015, 10:32 PM
Stinger II Owner

This forum gives me the opportunity to learn from others what I have done wrong, to learn from others what to try and avoid, to learn from others what talented craftsman and creative genius are capable of so I can try more, and to give back just a little when able.

Didn't really factor into my purchase, but really interesting, every day!!