CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > Video Valt > Aspire & V-Carve Pro Videos

Old 11-10-2012, 01:19 AM
CAMhead Friend

Default new computer

Just pulled the trigger and bought a high powered desk top . I am amazed at how much difference it makes in aspire in the sculpting it's like on turbo's the other thing I noticed was even in 50 times resolution it still lightning fast I can't tell the difference between it and the lesser settings...well worth the money,can't wait to do a fish and watch it swim away B White
Old 11-10-2012, 09:34 AM
CAMhead Friend

Bill,

Maybe you could provide the old PC specs and now the new PC specs so we can compare and contrast to our systems.

Cheers,

Clark
Old 11-10-2012, 11:20 PM
CAMhead Friend

Default computer specs

Sorry I don't know the old computers specs about 5 years old with windows xp 4 mgs ram. New one is made by asus, bought at best buy $1300, I 7 processor, 4 TB hard drive, 16 meg ram expandable to 32 and 3 gb video card and windows 8, I wanted to eventually get the same scanner Jim Has and my understanding is to really handle the advanced software one needs a computer with this kind of power. Hopefully in the future I get the scanner but until then I'm really happy with it's affect on modeling in Aspire , I do mostly marine art and this is really going to help in so many ways Bill W.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:11 AM
CAMaster Owner

Hi Bill,

I sat next to you at the last Jim McGrew camp. How are you doing cutting your art using Plexiglas instead of glass? Your glass art was fantastic. Was looking forward to a progress report on the Plexglas.

I have a design computer similar to what you just bought and love it. I don't have windows 8 yet but have been very happy with 7.

Mark