CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > Software > General Discussion

Old 12-12-2017, 06:59 PM
CNC Tech & Trainer

Kristjan...
If you do your homework you can change the colors on the WinCNC preview screen
GCnC411@gmail.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary logic, and those who don't"
Old 12-12-2017, 07:25 PM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Campbell View Post
Kristjan...
If you do your homework you can change the colors on the WinCNC preview screen
I love homework and I'm always doing some :)
I'll definitely take a look at that tomorrow.

Options and upgrades:
3.0KW HSD spindle, FTC, Laser Cross Hair, Counter Balance, Digitizing Probe, Remote Handheld Keypad, Indexing Lathe and a 6" gantry overtravel.

Software:
Vectric VCarve and Fusion 360.

kristjan@krossdal.is
www.krossdal.com
Old 12-13-2017, 10:50 AM
CAMhead Friend

Hope you don't mind this link and that the information is found to be helpful: http://www.100kgarages.com/blog/2017...el-solidworks/

I am very happy with VCarve as a 2D CAM solution and have been looking into CAM for 3D/2.5D work. Not sure if a Fusion CAD file could be used in the same way. But, the linked project using Aspire looks to have good results and sounds like similar results may also be had using VCarve.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:14 AM
CAMaster Owner

I don't mind at all :)

I use VCarve for most of my 2D work and single sided 3D work but for 3D 4axis stuff I use Fusion360 for most of it.

I've been modelling in Inventor for 12 years so Fusion360 was pretty straight forward for me (they're both from Autodesk and have very similiar UI).

I know that I can get similar result with the Vectric software but I try to pick the software that I'm comfortable using each time. I'm not the guy who says that one is better than other. :)

Options and upgrades:
3.0KW HSD spindle, FTC, Laser Cross Hair, Counter Balance, Digitizing Probe, Remote Handheld Keypad, Indexing Lathe and a 6" gantry overtravel.

Software:

kristjan@krossdal.is
www.krossdal.com
Old 12-13-2017, 11:28 AM
CAMhead Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by krossdal View Post
I don't mind at all :)

I use VCarve for most of my 2D work and single sided 3D work but for 3D 4axis stuff I use Fusion360 for most of it.

I've been modelling in Inventor for 12 years so Fusion360 was pretty straight forward for me (they're both from Autodesk and have very similiar UI).

I know that I can get similar result with the Vectric software but I try to pick the software that I'm comfortable using each time. I'm not the guy who says that one is better than other. :)
Thank you Kristjan.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:14 PM
CAMaster Owner

Default Fusion 360 Ultimate

Krossdal, do you have the Ultimate version of Fusion 360? Im curious if this would solve some of our 4th axis cam issues. Any thoughts? Looks like it goes for $1500 per year instead of $300.
https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/compare

Happy New Year everybody!

Ryan
Old 01-01-2018, 09:04 AM
CAMaster Owner

Happy new year!

I'm using the Ultimate version.
The 4/5 axis option is only available in the Ultimate version.

I found a bug in my PP that I've not been able to fix (haven't had a time to take a look at it) regarding the wrap toolpath function. But the indexed functions work very well.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you've further questions via email, PM or just using this thread.

Options and upgrades:

Software:

kristjan@krossdal.is
www.krossdal.com
Old 01-03-2018, 02:49 PM
CAMaster Owner

Default FTC Enabled - WinCNC Error Message

Krossdal, any chance you ran across this error when using the FTC? We just got ours enabled and have been trying to get your post process or work with it (before we were doing manual tool changes). In fusion PP, I selected FTC = Yes, ToolChagerComp = No
WinCNC starts out great...then the machine completes its first operation....next should prompt for a tool change. Instead, I get this message in WinCNC:
Error - Syntax - Command or File Not Found

*Side note...I got this same error message before when I kept "ToolChangerComp = Yes", that error message was the first thing that showed when trying to load the .tap file in WinCNC.

Long story short, Im trying to use your post processor with the FTC now. In addition, I dont know what ToolChangerComp means.

As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

Ryan
Old 01-03-2018, 06:48 PM
CAMaster Owner

Hmm..
Quote:
I dont know what ToolChangerComp means.
I don't know either - I built my PP on a PP that I found somewhere on this forum. The only properties I change from time to time are the Use4Axis and FTC. I always keep the ToolChangerComp as "YES".

I use Fusion and FTC almost every day and it's working 100%.

Have you tried the FTC using fx. VCarve? Are you sure that the FTC macros are defined correctly?

Options and upgrades:

Software:

kristjan@krossdal.is
www.krossdal.com
Old 01-03-2018, 07:14 PM
CAMaster Owner

I have not tried using the FTC with Vectric software, will give that a try tomorrow.

You mention, "are you sure that the FTC macros are defined correctly." Im not sure if they are, please forgive me but Im a complete newbie to this FTC. Can you point me in the right direction so I can take a look?