CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > New CNC Setup. > Vacuum, work holding, dust collection

Old 04-09-2018, 02:40 PM
CAMhead Friend

Default custom fixture

I had a customer who need some plastic cut outs (NOT pure romance as what they might resemble...). They wanted the top and bottom of the 1" HDPE to have a round edge. So I cut them out a little big and tabbed them in first with a straight bit. I then created a fixture and when I did, I zeroed my program from the dowel pin hole. I then created a program that was also created from the dowel pin hole for a series of holes. I created these holes so that when I do this job again, I just have to drill the series of holes in a piece of plywood and the zero for X&Y will be zeroed out already (will still have to adjust Z zero). This part is not +/-0.005 or even 0.010 so if I am in the ball park i should be good. Worked out pretty well. Was using the vortex 3670 eased edge bit for the round over part. I was running a little conservative so I had some chatter (pictured was the first one) but still turned out pretty well. I also adjusted my height for no lip. Ended up cutting at 250 ipm and cleared a lot of the chatter up. Wish I had more room for holes but that was all my customer would let me put in there. The reason I did this was because I could not tab and use that bit and also, that bit would cut into my spoil board 1/8". Thought I would share for someone else who might encounter this same situation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo Apr 07, 6 26 39 PM.jpg (93.9 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Apr 08, 3 11 08 PM.jpg (87.6 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Apr 08, 3 15 30 PM.jpg (84.7 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Apr 08, 3 35 13 PM.jpg (89.7 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Apr 08, 3 37 43 PM.jpg (87.6 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Apr 08, 4 47 02 PM.jpg (82.0 KB, 77 views)