CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > CAMaster Machines > Stinger Series CNC Routers

Old 02-22-2018, 11:00 PM
CAMhead Friend

Bruce, Joe, I appreciate your comments, thank you!

Keith, I can't speak to the space on the SR23. I'm not suggesting it's easy to perform maintenance under the frame, however, I just recently tensioned the belt on the Y-Axis and it was not too bad. For my needs, it was a tradeoff to have more storage vs easier maintenance. Working on it in the evening, I completed the stand in 2 weeks, with the help of my 84 year old father!

I'm currently working on the dovetail jig and will be happy to send you some pictures when complete.

Jim, that was a great find on Craigslist! I would have preferred to fabricate a tubular steel stand like yours but I'm not equipped for that type of work. It will offer you much versatility down the road! Very nice !

When I began the process of building a stand, I quickly learned that Mick Martin's original design has influenced many stands on this site, so, thank you Mick!!

Mike
CAMaster Stinger I SR24
- Indexing Lathe
- 1.7KW HSD Spindle
- FTC
- WinCNC
- Aspire 8
Old 02-28-2018, 06:42 PM
CAMaster Owner

Thumbs up Wow!

I posted this and went on vacation and wow... loads of ideas. My Stinger is ordered and I am about 75% finished with my table I will post photos tomorrow. Still trying to sort out what I plan to do with the monitor and keyboard.

Wes
Stinger on order and EXCITED!
Old 02-28-2018, 08:19 PM
CAMaster Owner

Default In Progress

This is my in progress table. I plan on building an enclosure for the computer, and a collapsing section for the monitor and keyboard and of course it will be yellow and black!

Wes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1 (1).jpg (53.5 KB, 43 views)