CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > New CNC Setup. > General Discussion

Old 12-19-2014, 08:29 AM
Stinger Owner

I think asking friends is the best idea! It gives you an opportunity to show off your new toy and help spread the word among your friends about your soon-to-be expanded skills. That said, my machine arrived on Good Friday and everyone I had lined up earlier was gone for Easter vacation so I ended up building a frame and using a come-along managed to get it up by myself but I don't recommend this method (I'm sure I posted pictures here somewhere...) I just couldn't wait to get it running!!!

Mike
Sidewinder Back Knife Rotary
Epilog Legend
www.artcentergraphics.com
www.baconwood.com
Old 06-15-2018, 08:51 AM
CAMhead Friend

Hello ... can any one of you share a pic or a thread here where I can see a Stinger I on a factory supplied table? I will be installing this tomorrow with some help but have not seen a picture
Old 06-15-2018, 09:56 AM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JomoTa View Post
Hello ... can any one of you share a pic or a thread here where I can see a Stinger I on a factory supplied table? I will be installing this tomorrow with some help but have not seen a picture
I think this is what you are looking for.....its a picture from the Aspire Camp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stinger on Stand.jpg (59.9 KB, 43 views)
FTC
Laser Pointer
HSD 1.7kw Spindle
Indexing Lathe
WinCNC
Aspire 9
trommlerjg@gmail.com

How to count to 10 in Windows:
1,2,3,95,NT,2000,XP,Vista,7,8,10
Old 06-15-2018, 10:34 AM
CAMhead Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerjg View Post
I think this is what you are looking for.....its a picture from the Aspire Camp.
Thank you so much drummerjg. Now to my next question. Is the instruction for how to lift the CNC then installing it on the table on the computer as I did not find it on printed paper unless I missed it with all the excitment :). I will setup the computer tonight.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:57 PM
CAMaster Owner

There really aren't any detailed instructions on how to actually get the Stinger on the table, just on how to make sure you align the holes in the legs with the holes in the Stinger. Four good strong people can do it rather easily...of course, I was putting mine on a flat table...not nearly as precise as the stand. If you do a search on the forum you will see some truly clever ways folks lifted their machine.
FTC
Laser Pointer
HSD 1.7kw Spindle
Indexing Lathe
WinCNC
Aspire 9
trommlerjg@gmail.com

Old 06-16-2018, 08:54 AM
CAMhead Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerjg View Post
There really aren't any detailed instructions on how to actually get the Stinger on the table, just on how to make sure you align the holes in the legs with the holes in the Stinger. Four good strong people can do it rather easily...of course, I was putting mine on a flat table...not nearly as precise as the stand. If you do a search on the forum you will see some truly clever ways folks lifted their machine.
Thanks for your reply. After firing up the computer I found no instructions on CNC table setup.

Am I supposed to unscrew the nylon feet (red) once lifted somehow and use the rest of the parts in blue to attach it to the table? I am more than capable of assembling things as long as the instructions are clear but I have hit a wall with this one without any guidance except from support at CamHeads.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:29 AM
CAMaster Owner

From my reading of the stand assembly instructions, yes, the leveling feet are removed from the Stinger prior to putting it on the stand. Then the supplied bolts that came with the stand are used to mount the stinger. I will assume that instructions came with the stand...but just in case Im posting a copy that I have.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Stinger 1 Stand 2016.pdf (925.4 KB, 6 views)
FTC
Laser Pointer
HSD 1.7kw Spindle
Indexing Lathe
WinCNC
Aspire 9
trommlerjg@gmail.com

Old 06-16-2018, 10:50 AM
CAMhead Friend

Thumbs up

You are a life saver Joe ... this is what I have been looking for :) Not sure why it was not included on the computer. The printed version that was included was not legible.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:45 PM
CAMhead Friend

It's up ... thank you for all the help and suggestion. I think CAMaster need to have an illustrated exploded view instruction on this. Would have saved me a lot of stress.

Used Nova Junks guys who came and helped out. 4 guys were able to lift it align it with the hole and bolt it in. One bolt gave us some trouble. I did remove the indexer prior to the move.

Last edited by JomoTa; 06-16-2018 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:33 PM
Stinger I Owner

It looks great, congrats!
FTC
Laser Pointer
HSD 1.7kw Spindle
KRS USB Keypad
Mick Martin Table
Aspire 8.5, WinCNC
Chips-a-flyin’
brucep128@gmail.com

Tags