CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > CAMaster Machines > Cobra CNC Routers

Old 09-01-2017, 07:31 PM
Cobra Owner

With the power on I would put a dial indicator against it and try to move it around. Try to lift it up and try to move it from side to side. I'm just thinking if there's a loose bolt somewhere it might be riding up as it cuts. Just a thought. I am not a troubleshooting or maintenance expert. I just can't think of any other reason it would do that.
WinCNC
www.hindocarina.com
http://facebook.com/hindocarina
Old 09-01-2017, 07:51 PM
CAMhead Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5 View Post
With the power on I would put a dial indicator against it and try to move it around. Try to lift it up and try to move it from side to side. I'm just thinking if there's a loose bolt somewhere it might be riding up as it cuts. Just a thought. I am not a troubleshooting or maintenance expert. I just can't think of any other reason it would do that.
Yeah, that seems like a good place to check. I'll be in the shop tomorrow checking it out, Thanks for your help!
Old 09-02-2017, 05:36 PM
CAMhead Friend

So im cutting ut some test pieces, its pretty bad. It looks to follow the path of the pocketing toolpath. But the height varies quite a bit.Ill post pics
Old 09-02-2017, 07:52 PM
Administrator, (MOD, KOTR)

Try using a downcut bit the photos are closeups so it is hard to see how the hold and material over all is,, I have seen up cut bits lift and fall material,, Main reason I have always had vacuum

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ
Old 09-03-2017, 09:35 PM
CAMhead Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by james mcgrew View Post
Try using a downcut bit the photos are closeups so it is hard to see how the hold and material over all is,, I have seen up cut bits lift and fall material,, Main reason I have always had vacuum
You think it could be due to the way Im holding the piece down? It is a 4x8 sheet.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:52 AM
Cobra Owner

I don't know...make some similar cuts on smaller pieces of mdf that you KNOW are clamped down completely and can't move. That should give you your answer.
WinCNC
www.hindocarina.com
http://facebook.com/hindocarina
Old 09-04-2017, 04:22 PM
CAMaster Owner

Have you taken into account what James stated? I ask because I have seen a drastic change in the quality of our cuts by changing types of bit (upcut to downcut) and hold down approaches. Will be interested in hearing what you discover the culprit(s) to be.
HSD 5HP ATC
6 Tool Rotary Carousel
Recoil Lathe
Laser
Aspire 9.0

"Always let your talking do the walking and your walking do the talking".
My Grandfather.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:20 PM
CAMhead Friend

Default Solved!

So for all my fellow camaster owners out there this issues been solved thank you to the great cam Master Tech Team it seems that this issue was coming from the dust collection system too much static electricity was sending extra electrical impulses to the spindle causing it to add extra steps I took the dust collection system off and it's cutting perfectly smooth they gave me some tips on how to ground the dust collection system and I'm pretty certain that's going to take care of the issue who would have thought!

Last edited by J_Eliz; 09-12-2017 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:07 PM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Eliz View Post
So for all my fellow camaster owners out there this issues been solved thank you to the great cam Master Tech Team it seems that this issue was coming from the dust collection system too much static electricity was sending extra electrical impulses to the spindle causing it to add extra steps I took the dust collection system off and it's cutting perfectly smooth they gave me some tips on how to ground the dust collection system and I'm pretty certain that's going to take care of the issue who would have thought!
Wow, thanks for sharing the solution. I guess its worth looking into making sure the dust collector is always/ properly grounded.
FTC
Laser Pointer
HSD 1.7kw Spindle
Indexing Lathe
WinCNC
Aspire 9
trommlerjg@gmail.com

How to count to 10 in software:
1,2,3,95,NT,2000,XP,Vista,7,8,10