CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > The Water Cooler > New Forum Members

Old 07-06-2018, 09:41 PM
CAMhead Guest

Default New Blood from Illinois.....

After lurking about cnc on SMC...I really liked what I had read about CAMaster and decided to look into them.....I was considering a cnc from woodcraft and was looking for info on them upon further reading it really seemed like I would rather quickly be unhappy with the capabilities and wanting to upgrade....So instead I will continue to put my pennies aside and pull the pin on a Stinger II 44 with upgrades...planning on that to happen next year this time....figure Iíll come to the 2 days of classes and pick up my machine in one trip.....So,for the year Iíll be reading ad learning all I can here and look forward to being an Owner....
Old 07-06-2018, 09:50 PM
CAMaster Owner

Smile Welcome

You have definitely come to the right place and have travelled down the same decision paths as many of us. Buy your last machine first is very good advice. If you want to save some dollars keep an eye out for previously owned machine for sale, you can get some great deals. Cheers.
Former Marine and retired Seabee Master Chief.
Furniture is my hobby not my vocation.
hyde.consulting@comcast.net
Old 07-06-2018, 09:54 PM
CAMaster Owner

Good to see you posting...and as I mentioned at that other place...good chioce of machine!

SR-44, 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax - slider/JP/BS
Festool "a good collection"
Stubby - lathe
Oneida Cyclone
more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
Commission work for equestrian tack storage and other custom furniture and cabinetry
Located Bucks County PA
http://bvww.us
Old 07-06-2018, 11:18 PM
CAMaster Owner

Welcome aboard and as stated above......I think you, based upon my personal experience, have come to the right place. Not only is CAMaster a great product, I think you will find this forum to be frequented by some of the finest people in the business. From reading what you posted, I think you are on the right track. Most, if not all, of your questions that will arise has been posted prior with some great responses. After spending much time researching here, you will find when you combine all the responses from the vast experience combined on this forum, you will often have your answer. If not, feel free to ask away.

Best of luck!
HSD 5HP ATC
6 Tool Rotary Carousel
Recoil Lathe
Laser
Aspire 9.0

On order:
Cobra Elite 5 x 10 ATC
20 Tool Holder
25HP Regen Vac

"You never learn anything by doing it right."
If that were true, I would be one of the most intelligent people you would ever meet.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:03 AM
CAMaster Owner

You will be assimilated!

Welcome to the forum and clan Yellow. Such an outstanding group of folks here; all more than willing to share their experience/advice. The waiting is the hardest part of becoming a Camaster owner. I hope the time passes quickly. In the mean time...have some fun here.
FTC
Laser Pointer
HSD 1.7kw Spindle
Indexing Lathe
WinCNC
Aspire 9
trommlerjg@gmail.com

How to count to 10 in Windows:
1,2,3,95,NT,2000,XP,Vista,7,8,10