CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > The Water Cooler > Camps, Training, Meetings

Old 07-25-2017, 05:24 AM
CAMaster Owner, (MOD, KOTR)

Default Why Attend a CNC Seminar event

http://mailchi.mp/5d8cb6551ff8/why-attend-a-cnc-seminar

Learn Something New
You can only learn so much from reading forums or watching tutorials.

You can learn a whole lot more from watching and interacting with those experts face to face.

Attending a conference where experts are speaking will allow you to ask them all the burning questions you have.
You can also ask for advice and possibly make a connection you can take advantage of in the future.

And you never know, attending a conference might help you on your way to becoming an expert yourself.

Get Inspired
Hearing what conference speakers have done to make their business so successful can motivate you to take their lead and follow in their footsteps.

It could be that they inspire you to add something new to your business or change the way you do things.

Whatever it is, meeting others who have been / are successful in your industry should inspire and motivate you to reach the same level of success.

Invest In Yourself
Itís admitting that youíre worth it.
Itís admitting that you still have things to learn.
That you can get better.

Itís an investment in yourself, your career, and even your company.

CNC Seminars.com

3-D Modeling
https://carveddetails.com

mm@mezalick.com
Old 07-25-2017, 05:31 PM
CNC Tech & Trainer

I've got a couple reasons:
1) To find out what you can do with your design software
2) To find out what your machine can really do

About 10 years ago Micro$oft put out a survey regarding M$ Office products that showed around 90% of the users only knew about 10% of the software features. Another 8% knew 65-75% and the last 2% knew most of the features.

The first group was the general user base of Office users. The second were office managers and those responsible for others work. That last group was mostly Micro$soft employees and trainers.

I have been in hundreds of shops providing service and training along with dozens of structured group training events. The numbers above are very close to what is seen in the CNC design and operation area. 90% of operators only know (or use) about 10% of the available features.

In most cases before a service or training call, I'll have the operator prepare a list of all the things he "wished" his machine could do. A few involved macro or similar changes, but the vast majority were solved by showing the operator a design tool icon or process, or by showing them from the control software menu how to get to their desired feature.

Why attend a formalized training session like CNC Seminars?

1) Because there is always something we need to learn.
2) Because the self taught seldom know how much they don't know.
GCnC411@gmail.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary logic, and those who don't"
Old 07-25-2017, 05:39 PM
CAMaster Owner, (MOD, KOTR)

Another reason, as pointed out to me by our friend Tony Wish, are the relationships one can develop from meeting people of like minds..

So, we'll be seeing everyone there ???

Michael

3-D Modeling
https://carveddetails.com

mm@mezalick.com
Old 07-26-2017, 12:02 PM
CAMaster Cobra Owner (MOD, KOTR)

Why Attend a CNC Seminar

- Learn from presenters/instructors with real world experience

- Everybody leans something doesn't matter what your level of experience is.

- Meet some of your fellow CNCers face to face.

- Great time to do some networking and learn what others are doing to make money.
Digitize Touch Probe
Wincnc Handheld Serial Keypad + Wireless Pendant
Hurricane vacuum
WinCNC + Aspire 9 + PhotoVCarve + EnRoute 5
www.customarchitecturalsignage.com
www.mickmartinwoodworking.com/

The search function on the forum is your best friend!
Old 09-13-2017, 08:50 AM
CAMaster Owner

the CNC seminar website appears to be non operational. is it just my pc, or is it down???? the cnc seminars seem very interesting for sure.

is there somewhere else to look for them?
Old 09-13-2017, 10:03 AM
CNC Tech & Trainer

Tim...
The CNC Seminars.com website is nonoperational and the seminars previously scheduled for the balance of 2017 have been canceled while Michael and I rethink the business model.

Although a number seminars in select locations were full houses, attendance as a whole was lackluster. The cost of procuring a venue along with travel expenses over a 5 day period for a 3 day seminar were hard to bear for both we as instructors and for attendees.

If you combine this with little or no acknowledgement from Vectric and their current push to video and social media as their preferred training media, taking training on the road to the masses doesn't seem at this time doesn't seem to be financially viable.

I still believe, and I think Michael will agree, that there is a need for some users to be presented with an interactive "in your face" and "hands on" training method where their questions can be answered when they arise. Maybe we are simply dinosaurs, having not grown up in a social media generation.

To that end, we both offer training. I am scheduled multiple times per year at CAMaster, and offer training onsite, (yours) for any sized group, and groups of 1 to 4 in my shop. Along with the training I still do a good number of machine tuning and product manufacturing setups across the country.

Should anyone be interested, contact either one of us. We both have email addresses in our signature
GCnC411@gmail.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary logic, and those who don't"
Old 09-13-2017, 12:17 PM
CAMhead Friend

Sure wish I had made the Dallas event ( however anniversary vs training )since I'm more of the dinosaur vintage.

Stinger SR23, 1.7KW
Storm Vacuum, performance
package, Epilog Helix
Aspire 8.5, coral draw 7
Old 09-13-2017, 09:36 PM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdonaldson View Post
Sure wish I had made the Dallas event ( however anniversary vs training )since I'm more of the dinosaur vintage.
Obviously a vintage dinosaur with excellent critical decision making skills ( anniversary vs training)

Im of the same thought....nothing beats face to face, but I do understand the logistics, cost and personal impacts for Mike and Gary. Hopefully something wonderful will come from the rethinking of the cnc seminars.
FTC
Laser Pointer
HSD 1.7kw Spindle
Indexing Lathe
WinCNC
Aspire 9
trommlerjg@gmail.com

How to count to 10 in Windows:
1,2,3,95,NT,2000,XP,Vista,7,8,10
Old 09-14-2017, 07:33 AM
CAMaster Owner

I too have quit offering classes in Sign Finishing, for pretty much the same reasons, although mine were offered here at my shop. The time spent promoting them did not justify their continuation.
I knew there would be very few who were really interested, but I thought " when a class that I'm really interested in is offered, I really don't care where it is at..... I'm going". .

There were a variety of reasons, but the one that made the top of the list was when I posted "don't bring any weapons",,,,, one fellow, interested up to that point, replied " I have a carry permit". When I replied "not in this country you don't", he was immediately pissed & I've not heard from him since.

I'll still do "1-day surface gilding" workshops, but that's it. My grandmonsters need a playmate.........
Aspire 3.5
Mach3
CoreldrawX3
Old 09-15-2017, 07:39 AM
CAMaster Owner

thank you for the feedback, being new I am trying to pull in as much cnc info as possible. I guess if the classes are postponed, we are fortunate to have you here on the forum. Thank you for that!