CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > New CNC Setup. > Vacuum, work holding, dust collection

Old 12-04-2017, 01:31 PM
CAMhead Friend

Default Gasket material

I have a large production run of some 3/16" hdpe parts to run on my Panther and I think if I make a vacuum hold down fixture I can really speed it up. I have a black box but these have a bunch of holes which is killing my hold down. Seeing what everyone uses for gasket cording. If there is anything to stay away from or any suggestions on what to use. I know its expensive but I use mcmaster for about everything but there are a bunch of options and not sure of what durometer to use or if i should use rubber or a closed cell foam. If there is a sticky for this question and if someone could point me in that direction or just say what you guys use that works for you that would be great.
Thanks,
Brad
Old 12-04-2017, 01:45 PM
CAMaster Owner

Brad,
I buy all my gasketing material from All Star, they should have everyting you need.

http://allstaradhesives.com/home

Carlos
Old 12-05-2017, 12:32 AM
Cobra Owner

You can also use a rubber mat adhered directly to your spoil board, and cut out holes in the gasket material where you want the vacuum to come through. You should get full holding power with your black box in those areas (probably around 9"hg). Allstar adhesives sells that kind of gasket material as well.
www.cherryleaf-rustle.com