CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > CAMaster Machines > Stinger Series CNC Routers > Stinger I (Table Top)

Old 01-10-2018, 03:02 AM
CAMaster Owner

Default Itís Here!

Went out this morning and picked up my new Stinger SR24. Finally the wait is over!

Spent the day getting it in the shop and onto the table I built for it. It assembled pretty easy and didnít take long to get the computer connected. Turned on the power and happy face, everything had lights. Press the Z up button and got a message the it was out of limits! Grrrr then a light appears and a gentle dope slap from afar and I remember Gary say ďinitialize ď... and all was right with the universe!

Hours worth of cad work and I have a file to surface the factory spoil board and cut in my TEE slots. I just barely took a skim cut to true up the factory table that was amazingly close to start with. Cut in the tee track slots so they are flush to the top of the table. Then glued a new spoil board right over the top of everything. Tomorrow I will resurface the spoil board and cut in a slot that will leave the tee track trapped. In the future when I need a new spoil board I will just glue a new one one top, resurface the table and recut the tee slots. Should be really easy.

I bought this machine as a retirement gift to myself... seemed a heck of a lot better than a watch! Iíll have to say I have been a bit nervous getting a smaller machine after having big ones, but so far I have been pretty impressed with the machine and itís cutting.

Stinger I SR24 11/27/17
Performance package Pro:
2" Gantry Lift
FTC Fast Tool Change
Laser Cross Hair
Counter Balance
Tee Track Table
Kent Dust Shoe
WinCNC
Aspire 9
Rhino
Old 01-10-2018, 08:01 AM
CAMaster Owner

Congrats! I'm hoping to be in the same position "real soon now" once I make decision on some specifics. I guess I'm doing the same as you, too...retirement gift, if you will...since I did that deed a couple of months ago.

Did you pick the unit up at the freight terminal? That's likely going to be the best situation for me, given the long and winding driveway that "real trucks" can't negotiate. I did that for my slider a few years ago and it worked out well...back the trailer up to my double doors so the rear is slightly inside and slide things out.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:47 AM
CAMaster Cobra Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to neal_meyers_jr
Cool

Congrats on both your retirement and your new Machine. Enjoy and post pictures of what you make.

Neal Meyers Jr
Guyton Ga
Aspire 4.0, WinCNC, Rhino, Mastercam, Autocad, Catia.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:23 AM
CAMaster Owner

Jim I did pick it up at the depo. For me it was just easier than trying to time out all the things that need to happen. My place is like your, sharp turns coming up to the shop. I also have the advantage of a bridge Craine in the shop. Took me less than ten minutes after I got the doors open to have the cnc off the trailer and on the floor of the shop.

Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_in_PA View Post
Congrats! I'm hoping to be in the same position "real soon now" once I make decision on some specifics. I guess I'm doing the same as you, too...retirement gift, if you will...since I did that deed a couple of months ago.

Did you pick the unit up at the freight terminal? That's likely going to be the best situation for me, given the long and winding driveway that "real trucks" can't negotiate. I did that for my slider a few years ago and it worked out well...back the trailer up to my double doors so the rear is slightly inside and slide things out.

Stinger I SR24 11/27/17
Performance package Pro:
2" Gantry Lift
FTC Fast Tool Change
Laser Cross Hair
Counter Balance
Tee Track Table
Kent Dust Shoe
WinCNC
Aspire 9
Rhino
Old 01-10-2018, 02:32 PM
CAMaster Owner

Congrats, Eric! I know you will have tons of fun with that Stinger.
Looking forward to seeing your creations.
FTC
Laser Pointer
HSD 1.7kw Spindle
Indexing Lathe
WinCNC
Aspire 9
trommlerjg@gmail.com

How to count to 10 in Windows:
1,2,3,95,NT,2000,XP,Vista,7,8,10
Old 01-10-2018, 06:34 PM
Stinger I Owner

Congrats!!
FTC
Laser Pointer
HSD 1.7kw Spindle
KRS USB Keypad
Mick Martin Table
Aspire 8.5, WinCNC
Chips-a-flyiní
brucep128@gmail.com
Old 01-10-2018, 10:14 PM
CAMaster Owner

Default Congrats on your new machine

Erik

A great machine--you'll enjoy it. Post some of your projects. Hopefully retirement will give you some more shop time.

My wife grew up in Cottage Grove, Oregon and we met in college. My wife's dad taught social studies at Cottage Grove HS. and her mom taught elementary school.

Dave Seaver

Epilog laser engraver
CNC Router
Roland vinyl Cutter
Sublimation Printer
Screen printing
Woodworking Shop
Complete Machine Shop
Old 02-04-2018, 10:15 AM
CAMaster Owner

Default table height?

I am close to having my own pictures similar to your very soon.

One question. How high is the table you built for your Stinger? And are you happy with it. Any suggestions on what I should add to mine as I am about to start building it.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:28 PM
CAMaster Owner

I have all my major tools in the shop set at 36Ē. I want to be able to lay projects flat Cross to tables for layout and glue up. For me I like the 36Ē, I hate bending over.
Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWHDesignCo View Post
I am close to having my own pictures similar to your very soon.

One question. How high is the table you built for your Stinger? And are you happy with it. Any suggestions on what I should add to mine as I am about to start building it.

Stinger I SR24 11/27/17
Performance package Pro:
2" Gantry Lift
FTC Fast Tool Change
Laser Cross Hair
Counter Balance
Tee Track Table
Kent Dust Shoe
WinCNC
Aspire 9
Rhino