CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC (http://www.camheads.org/index.php)
-   BobCAD File swap (http://www.camheads.org/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Camaster logo (http://www.camheads.org/showthread.php?t=1255)

aldepoalo 10-04-2011 05:08 PM

Camaster logo

1 Attachment(s)
This is the CAMASTER logo done with the BobART software.

Mick Martin 10-04-2011 07:23 PM

Is there any chance someone could convert this to Aspire format or DWG of DXF ... thanks

Joey Jarrard 10-04-2011 07:38 PM

This I assume will be a 3d file showing off the new features in bobcad. It would not convert to aspire but maybe we can get Al to give us a screen shot of what it looks like to wet our appetites.

james mcgrew 10-04-2011 07:39 PM

mick, al is a vendor for bobcad softwarew and there are some camheads who use it, i have a seat of it yet could learn to use it better

richf 10-04-2011 11:01 PM

I tried opening the file with BobCad V24 (Version 24.01821760), Build 208, and I get an error "Unexpected file format". The file does preview from BobCad V24. I guess it might be doing this since I don't have the BobArt Pro, just regular BobArt. I was able to open the preview image from BobArt menu, but that graphic is very low resolution. I could find no way to convert it to a dxf or any other format since I could not load it into BobCad.

The preview image is shown in the other post by aldepoalo here: http://camheads.org/showthread.php?p=10303#post10303

aldepoalo 10-05-2011 09:37 AM

BobCAD V24 New Build

The reason why you can't open the file is you are not running the current build. The current build is 376.

And yes I used some of the new BobART features so please let me know if you can open this file.

I wanted to show off some of the new features, but this file could be done with any version of BobART.

I will be posting more examples of the new BobART features as I go.

aldepoalo 10-05-2011 09:47 AM

Screen Shots

4 Attachment(s)
Screen Shots of the 2 Rail sweep.

It does have the option to use 3D rails, if I only knew how to use that feature.... I think the 3D rails are for scroll work.

Al

aldepoalo 10-05-2011 11:25 AM

More BobART

1 Attachment(s)
One of the new features in the new BobART is being able to render you BobART models with textures.

This is a display only option and allows you render you work with a wood texture or any texture you want.

Check it out!

aldepoalo 10-05-2011 05:43 PM

With Color

1 Attachment(s)
This is the same file with color

stinger23 10-06-2011 12:16 PM

camaster logo

3 Attachment(s)
in 2009 end i made an aspire version of..
next year i took it to jims place when the vectric meeting was... as i remember i sent even file to joey... but not sure...

now i post here.. i think it got forgotten because james booth modeled the bee, and of course that looking better.. im luckily that since that time i got also some more expertise of aspire so the bee also could be my option..

about model
the endmill, for me a little weird it is downcut, and not standard, like upcut..
i made with autocad and tweaked some..
the background is concave, leaves some more room on the middle for the endmill model, and that can be higher this way...

letters are tapered sided, or beveled, because this way model is smoother..
for negative letters there are some vectors, so those can be vcarved... and by this they will be more sharp looking..

viktor

stinger23 10-06-2011 12:27 PM

about bobcad

i also have this program, the 22 version.. they really nice guys in my meaning, because they take into account if you were hobbyist and gave there program for an incredible low price..
what i mean low? for example for autocad soem converters, like stl, iges or any could cost at least 200, and i could say more example... so in this environment they """giveaway"" their programs..
well.. compared with rhino, bobcad definetely slower (on my computer)
im using with 2 gig, and looks sometime not sufficient..
good side of bobcad, can open, iges, sldprt, step and numerous different format...
so with very low cost some real professional feature..
meshgeneration relatively simple... mesh editing, like in rhino... i did not find..
so overall for the cost i got it, i think it is an alternative..

if we count on the regular prices, in my private opinion, rhino or visualmill gives far more..
the 4th axis addition in bobcad, as much i know not the continous, but manually can be made the indexing..

viktor

aldepoalo 10-06-2011 01:31 PM

More Like That ?

Something more like that?

I can see your tool came out awesome. I would need to mess with the surfacing a little more to make my tool look the same.

Al

aldepoalo 10-06-2011 01:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is

aldepoalo 10-06-2011 02:01 PM

New Tool

2 Attachment(s)
This is the same file with a new tool .

aldepoalo 10-08-2011 01:45 PM

BobART Sample Cut

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the part being cut, " BobART"

richf 10-18-2011 10:27 PM

FYI, I downloaded build 376 and I still get the unexpected file format error on the orginal CAMASTER_LOGO.bbcd file. Either the file is corrupted due to a transfer (like might occur when FTPing in text mode) or there is some incompatibility between standard BobCad/BobArt and BobCad/BobArtPro file format. Has anyone else opened the original Bobcad file?