CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC (http://www.camheads.org/index.php)
-   Photos of CAMaster machines (http://www.camheads.org/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Wife got a vinyl/fabric cutter (http://www.camheads.org/showthread.php?t=8691)

Bob Walters 10-25-2017 05:34 PM

Wife got a vinyl/fabric cutter

1 Attachment(s)
So the wife does quilting and needed [lol] a fabric cutter. Low and behold the cutter also does vinyl, so while she was gone here's what I did. I used vcarve pro and exported my lettering as a SVG file, this was way to easy. Instant gratification is always good since it took a total of about 15 minutes to do (as opposed to my 4 day epoxy pours).

Obxwoody 10-25-2017 09:36 PM

Looks much easy than a 4 day epoxy on gantry!! [lol]

KickIt 10-26-2017 10:23 AM

It looks great. What did she buy, what does it do?

Bob Walters 10-26-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KickIt (Post 70054)
It looks great. What did she buy, what does it do?

Itís a Brother Scan and Cut 2, just a little hobby machine. She uses it to cut designs in fabric for quilts. Itís a neat little machine. Sooo the crazy in me is now looking for a big machine for me now. The Graphtec CE6000 Plus looks pretty awesome and not to terribly priced.

drummerjg 10-26-2017 01:07 PM

Gee, thanks, Bob.....the wife saw this and now guess what she wants for her sewing/quilting room!
[lol]

R.L.Schulz 12-21-2017 08:38 AM

That's cool!
I have been using the Cricut Expressions machines and Sure Cuts Alot 2 Software for years. It makes cutting vinyl and other materials used for lettering, stencils and masking's a breeze!
I never thought about using the Vectric software to create svg files, that's Awesome.
Thanks Mrs. Walters [clap]
(and you Bob)
[fantastic]

james mcgrew 12-21-2017 08:54 AM

Been wanting a small one for a while, thanks for the encouragement, as well to all when photoing work or machine we always made sure the logo on the gantrys were in the photo. made the best advertising to all !

Bob Walters 12-21-2017 10:10 AM

Well, there's been an update. I now own a Graphtec CE6000 plus vinyl cutter. It does the job way faster and even easier when using the Vcarve program. I'm going to experiment with using the Camaster with the vinyl cutter after the holidays. Thinking of easy "bar top" type of table with a clear epoxy over the vinyl to see what it looks like compared to my full epoxy inlay. Would save me several days if it looks as good (the satisfaction wouldn't be there unfortunately that I get with the epoxy).

Ron Hampe 12-31-2018 03:14 PM

Go all the way and buy one of the 3d vinyl printer/cutters! Those are pricey, but sweet!

guitarwes 12-31-2018 07:10 PM

Congrats Bob. I've been looking at one of those for a while, never pulled the trigger as I've been swamped with other stuff. Is it pretty easy to setup and run and does it appear well built? Where did you order it from? Us cutter?