CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC (http://www.camheads.org/index.php)
-   How to use this forum (http://www.camheads.org/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Avatar (http://www.camheads.org/showthread.php?t=5710)

TimberWolfMillworks 01-30-2015 03:02 PM

I been trying to add an Avatar and for some reason it will not let me. I know there is a box you check if you want on or not and when I click it nothing happen. I have taken a Jpeg and did change it to meet the required size. When I go into edit Avatar there is no way I can add it. So what the heck am I doing wrong?

Bruce Page 01-30-2015 04:03 PM

Having your own avatar is not an option on this forum. IMHO, I think it should be.

TimberWolfMillworks 01-30-2015 04:46 PM

Ok you must be Special or a Moderator to get one then cause some do have one.
They should just take that option out on the control panel then.

Bruce Page 01-30-2015 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimberWolfMillworks (Post 49085)
Ok you must be Special or a Moderator to get one then cause some do have one.
They should just take that option out on the control panel then.

Huh? An avatar is typically a small picture identifying the user. Some of the Mods have one but I don't see anyone else, including me that has one. What are you talking about?

Xray 01-30-2015 06:23 PM

Don't think he meant you personally Bruce, I think he meant more like "one must be special".

Is kinda weird to have no avatar option, I don't like forums with huge flashing gifs for avatars & sig lines but it would be nice to be able to add a little pic. I agree they should either be allowed or the option done away with.

Bruce Page 01-30-2015 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xray (Post 49091)
Don't think he meant you personally Bruce, I think he meant more like "one must be special".

Is kinda weird to have no avatar option, I don't like forums with huge flashing gifs for avatars & sig lines but it would be nice to be able to add a little pic. I agree they should either be allowed or the option done away with.

You're probably right Doug. Sorry Thane.

I don't like the flashing gifs either. An Admin can easily remove that option in the vBulletin software. I do think putting a picture with a face is a good thing.

Speedy 01-30-2015 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Page (Post 49092)
You're probably right Doug. Sorry Thane.

I don't like the flashing gifs either. An Admin can easily remove that option in the vBulletin software. I do think putting a picture with a face is a good thing.

Have you seen some of these faces?

Some thing are better left alone!

Bruce Page 01-31-2015 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy (Post 49096)
Have you seen some of these faces?

Some thing are better left alone!

LOL, in your case you should put up Katie's pic! [funny stuff]

Charlie_L 01-31-2015 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimberWolfMillworks (Post 49078)
I been trying to add an Avatar and for some reason it will not let me. I know there is a box you check if you want on or not and when I click it nothing happen. I have taken a Jpeg and did change it to meet the required size. When I go into edit Avatar there is no way I can add it. So what the heck am I doing wrong?

I see your dog photo when I look at your public profile. Is that what this is about?

TimberWolfMillworks 01-31-2015 04:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bruce;;;; I did not mean your special but Hey for the sake of argument You are a special person,LOL......

The Avatar is like a picture right beside your screen name like on Jim's and Mick's....Screen Name. The dog pic is a profile picture..... Not a huge issue, just I was in the Edit Avatar in the User CP and what ever I tried it would not let me which I thought was messed up cause it is there.... Only reason why is I was in the office and I came out to this...And thought it be a good Avatar pic is all.... My Timber Wolf/German Shepherd (Thunder) who is only 10 months old...