Thread: Parts
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 12:01 PM
CAMaster Owner

Default Parts

Folks, CAMaster recently upgraded the 6 year old Z-head on my Jemima & as a result, I have some parts that are of no use to me, & some spare motors etc that are also of no use to me .
Please see the attached pic.
There are 4 stepper motors, 2 of which are brand new, & one with only a few hours. 2 of them are the taller ones, & have a 3/8" shaft. What I thought were motor failures was actually a problem with the coupler. Anyway ....
I also have the parts ( sans the router) for a Duplicarver .... the rails etc... I bought this back in the day when user friendly programs for the CNC didn't exist, & I thought I could perhaps use this to copy from a sandmasked pattern. Well, that was a waste of $$$$

I know some of you guys like to tinker. I don't. But I've seen some pretty ingenious contraptions come from leftover parts . I probably should post this on a forum that caters to the "I built my own CNC" guys, but I thought I'd post it here first. I'd like to get what the motors are worth + shipping.. Or come & get it, & we'll have a scotch ......
BTW, the only real issue with the head is it needs a ballscrew & a ballnut. Someone pulled it apart & all of a sudden, a herd of peppercorns jumped out & hid all over the floor of the shop. I believe Mark Johnson know where to get the correct replacements.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAMasterParts.jpg (91.5 KB, 115 views)
Aspire 3.5
Mach3
CoreldrawX3