CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > New CNC Setup. > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2019, 01:57 PM
Camaster Owner

Default Help with resetting limits?

Hello all.
I've had my router for about 4 years and use it regularly with no problems. Most things that come up I can find an answer for in old posts but now I'm stumped so any help would be appreciated.

Long story short I was driving the spindle manually with the keyboard and went below the Z limit. Everything aborted and the spindle shutoff then the machine seems to have lost all reference points. It will now move in X&Y only in one direction and only down in Z slightly. There are red arrows beside all the X,Y,Z positions in WinCNC, it won't initialize, or park as it just goes into soft limit errors in all axis directions.

Because when this first happened the bit was still deep into the model I was cutting I had to move the spindle and gantry manually. Rotating the screw by hand to raise the bit and pushing the gantry to clear the model.

I've restarted the computer/software and the machine hoping it would reset somehow but it doesn't. It seems that I just need to clear all the settings it thinks it has and then initialize but I don't know how.

All help would be appreciated.
Old 07-02-2019, 03:18 PM
CNC Consultants and Trainers

If all your limits show as tripped and you can verify that they are not close to the switches, then I would suggest that you check the cable between the PC and control box, blowing out and reseating both ends. If not, the cable then check the 24vdc power supply
GCnC411@gmail.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary logic, and those who don't"
Old 07-02-2019, 04:19 PM
Camaster Owner

Thanks Gary. I'm in contact with support now. The first thing they suggested was what you suggested but didn't solve the problem. Still working on it but glad to have help.