CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > Software > FUSION 360

Old 02-28-2021, 04:06 PM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfoley View Post
Going to post the latest rev of my F360 CAMaster post processor with Recoil support in case anyone else needs it. Have been successfully using it to make 4 axis parts without much limitation. Will post updates as I uncover any further bugs.
Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm going to give it a try. I use 360 for all CAD work but have only used Vcarve for the CAM on anything going to the router.

Vcarve is easy to use and does a good job on the CAM side, but God help you if anything needs to be drawn or edited in CAD. The word archaic is a an understatement. Every time I use it I get flashbacks from high school drafting class using AutoCAD 11 and Windows 3.11.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:51 PM
Stinger II Owner

What happened to the T-Square and combination ruler?
Maybe that is why Vectric CAD seems easy? It's your frame of reference!
Old 03-28-2021, 03:00 AM
CAMhead Friend

Default March 27th Update

Posting an update here as I've finally tracked down a bug in the drilling code which had caused many broken bits and ruined workpieces.

Prior versions were not always retracting out of the workpiece when moving between holes... obviously, not an ideal toolpath. Turns out this was due to a questionable set of assumptions that Autodesk used in the stock post processor that became outright wrong whenever you were drilling a hole that started below the top of the workpiece.

Anyway, this is now fixed (it now retracts to what you set as the retract height in the drill operation Heights tab) for the "Drilling - Rapid Out" cycle ONLY. I have not spent any time with the other drilling cycle types to know their peculiarities.
Attached Files
File Type: zip camaster%20wincnc - NHF 2021_03_27.zip (7.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-28-2021, 05:25 PM
CAMhead Friend

Slept on it and realized there was no scenario in which I wanted to keep the old drilling retract behavior in the other drilling cycle types, so went through and updated all of the other drilling profiles to have the correct / safe retract plane. Deep drilling / counterboring / etc. should all now work safely vs. the Autodesk stock post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip camaster%20wincnc - NHF 2021_03_28.zip (7.2 KB, 13 views)
Old 03-28-2021, 06:32 PM
Stinger II Owner

I didn't look at the files but it is certainly nice that you are sharing your work. I might need it someday? Or others.

I wonder if this is something you'd want to be sure that CAMaster sees in case they want the Fusion 360 PP updated?
Old 03-28-2021, 07:21 PM
Administrator, (MOD, KOTR)

All to often New CNC Owners think a PP is a responsibility of the machine company,, The actual answer is the Software company bears this responsibility as without a cohesive operation they could not sell software to the masses with hundreds of different machines and control systems

Wincnc has always been a very stable Providor and does not beta teast on the end user, as well the software is Very friendly to software companies

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

fixed 4-27-2020
Old 04-27-2021, 02:06 PM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfoley View Post
Slept on it and realized there was no scenario in which I wanted to keep the old drilling retract behavior in the other drilling cycle types, so went through and updated all of the other drilling profiles to have the correct / safe retract plane. Deep drilling / counterboring / etc. should all now work safely vs. the Autodesk stock post.
Thank you very much for sharing your revised PP. I'm going to start trying to use the Fusion 360 cam functions in the next few weeks and I'm sure you just saved my a bunch of headaches!