CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > Software > Cabinet Parts Pro

Old 03-16-2018, 03:14 PM
CAMhead Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyWatson View Post
The relevance is...CPP will export a DXF of your cabinet files so that you can pull them into VCP/Aspire/ArtCAM etc and toolpath them with a higher degree of control than CPP offers. You can ramp in at whatever degree you want, set the peck drilling up with a click of a button and SEE what's going to happen with a full subtractive preview (animated too) before you post the file.

Whether or not one program *should* do something or not doesn't do anything for you right now. (and no program is perfect - not diggin' on CPP) So my point is, there is always more than one way to get a job done & until issues get resolved with one program, you can just as easily crank them out in another. I run a job shop & don't have time to wait for something to get fixed the way I want it...so I always have multiple options to push the work through. That's all...Good luck.

-B
Well that makes sense albeit probably a little cumbersome using VCP to set each tool path on a 50 sheet nest? Unless there is some automated way of running it through?
Old 03-16-2018, 05:32 PM
CAMhead Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbrlbll View Post
Well that makes sense albeit probably a little cumbersome using VCP to set each tool path on a 50 sheet nest? Unless there is some automated way of running it through?
My suggestions were for those on a shoestring budget because shops banging out 50 sheets in one go on a regular basis have the coin for real cabinet software. Everything has a price. Unfortunately it's either tough it out with the tools at hand or ante up. You know...just like everything else in life!

-B
Old 03-17-2018, 08:26 AM
CAMhead Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbrlbll View Post
Toolpath Templates.....

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints

Old 03-25-2018, 10:57 PM
CAMhead Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
Toolpath Templates.....
Ive seen this option in VCP but have no clue how to use it. Can you point me to more information? Shelby twp eh? your close by....maybe you can show me how :)
Old 03-26-2018, 07:28 AM
CAMhead Legend

The Help file in any Vectric product is very good. Read it. Then go to YouTube and search there for the video on the subject. Now you'll know as much as anyone else on the subject, for the most part.

-B
Old 03-26-2018, 03:57 PM
cabinetpartspro.com

Here is a video that shows how to copy sheets from CabinetPartsPro into Vcarve or Aspire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-v6ijmWbMA
Old 04-08-2018, 12:02 PM
CAMhead Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Patterson View Post
Here is a video that shows how to copy sheets from CabinetPartsPro into Vcarve or Aspire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-v6ijmWbMA
Thanks that is a good video