CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > The Water Cooler > Questions For The Sales Team!

Old 04-16-2016, 11:45 AM
Administrator, (MOD, KOTR)

Welcome to the forum,, With CAMasters growth and success has come with competition doing all they can to gain a foot hold by misrepresenting a good bit of info.

As the Admin and A machine owner i probably should tell you i am not employed by CAMaster. When we started the forum it was to keep both Owners and the company totally transparent and on top of the best info.

Again fire away the questions and do lots of due diligence, a cnc is not a small purchase at any level and needs to be a good experience when done. go see machines this is the very best way to make friends you will need once you have purchased

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ
Old 04-17-2016, 01:41 PM
CAMhead Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by james mcgrew View Post
Welcome to the forum,, With CAMasters growth and success has come with competition doing all they can to gain a foot hold by misrepresenting a good bit of info.

As the Admin and A machine owner i probably should tell you i am not employed by CAMaster. When we started the forum it was to keep both Owners and the company totally transparent and on top of the best info.

Again fire away the questions and do lots of due diligence, a cnc is not a small purchase at any level and needs to be a good experience when done. go see machines this is the very best way to make friends you will need once you have purchased
James,

Thanks for the welcome. I have to admit, I was a bit taken aback by the vigor with which the machine design was defended when I asked my questions. I did not intend to critique the design, just question if it could be modified to fit my needs. I posted my questions to the "questions for the sales team" thinking that's who would answer.

I have had a woodworking shop for about 30 yrs (hobby only), and have pretty well filled it with tools, so I'm trying to fit the best CNC machine in it's space without throwing away too many tools - you know how hard that is.

I'm in the process of selecting which tool I want to go with, and have it narrowed down to CAMaster and their NC competitor, from whom I live only about 20 miles. Nevertheless, I am committed to getting the best machine for me and my money, so I ask lots of questions. Thanks to all for understanding and attempting to answer them.

Tom

Last edited by tbcam; 04-17-2016 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-17-2016, 02:19 PM
Administrator, (MOD, KOTR)

30 years stepping up from back of a pickup to now 21000 sq feet and 5-9 cabinemakers in house. If you find the formula let me know.. it has been ellusive and a work in progress the entire time..

choose well No one here will or is allowed to bad mouth a competitor, all of them have reasons they build what they do. I will say this as one small tid bit. there are a good hundred known owners here who have come from other machines there are NO known case of anyone selling a camaster to buy the other way !! We here as you will find are pretty doggone proud of the machines.

other brand owners are as well, basic reason is we are still amazed we actually got this far in our cnc quest !!

Nothing will replace good and through due diligence, We here would never encourage a person to buy without it. like i said it is a big purchase at any level and to be taken very seriously !!

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ

Last edited by james mcgrew; 04-17-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:18 PM
CNC Tech & Trainer

Tom...
You may have misunderstood my intent. I was not defending the machines design. My point was that if CAMaster offered an alternate placement as an option, then they would be willing to support it. And that question can only be answered by them.

Please understand that few, if any, others have asked for, or built more out of the box configurations than myself, especially as it applies to rotary. I think they are a great thing, but may be the kiss of death for a new users learning curve.
GCnC411@gmail.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary logic, and those who don't"
Old 04-17-2016, 04:12 PM
CAMhead Friend

Gary, James,

Consider the air cleared.

I appreciate everything you guys are saying about the machines. I also know that what I will get here is opinions as to why CAMaster machines are great, and that is fine. I have no interest in engaging in brand bashing or even comparisons - I'll do comparing in my own thoughts.

BTW, I have asked the same questions directly to sales, and they are looking into it. Originally, there was a delay in hearing from them, but that is fixed.