CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > CAMaster Machines > Stinger Series CNC Routers > Stinger III

Old 10-07-2020, 03:05 PM
CAMhead Guest

Default Stinger III

I just ordered a stinger III with the performance pro package and laser engraver. Can't wait for it to arrive and get to playing. I'm sure I will be on here looking for advice and tips when we get it up and running. How do yall like yall's stinger's and do any of yall have experience with the laser engraver?
Old 10-07-2020, 03:57 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Congrats on your Stinger III order. You'll really enjoy that machine once it's in your shop. Be sure you get a copy of the prep guide so you can prepare electrical, air and dust collection prior to your machine arriving. There are specific requirements including a four wire circuit if you purchased a spindle.

The lazer option is relatively new. There are a few folks here who have purchased it, however. Do note it's not currently supported by the new laser module that Vectric recently released....don't buy that software until Vectric says it supports the laser provided by Camastser. You can still program with the Vectric software using existing methods; just not with the new laser code made available as an option with v10.5

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax - slider/JP/BS
Festool "a good collection"
Stubby - lathe
Oneida Cyclone
more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
Commission work for equestrian tack storage and other custom furniture and cabinetry
Located Bucks County PA
Old 04-07-2021, 08:49 AM
CAMhead Friend

Default Veltric

Does Veltric support the camaster laser yet? Mine will be here next month and my salesman said he would get back with me on the particulars of the software
Old 04-07-2021, 03:03 PM
CAMhead Friend

I dont believe so, I have been looking as well. Jtech may can help, it looks like its just a Jtech setup, i could be wrong. I know mine has a box of unknown parts, and a laser in the box with jtech labeling on it. I think camaster made the bracket to use the jtech on the camaster. I just gotta figure out how to mount the laser and wire it, then I will update if I can get any specific software to work with that. I just picked mine up, so just trying to sort it all out. Really familiar with CNC, so I will figure it out and post updates. Just a lil slow with this one, only documentation is from users.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:07 PM
CAMaster Owner

WinCNC has a laser post processor for Vectric on their website.
Aspire
Old 04-07-2021, 11:35 PM
CAMhead Friend

Do you have the laser? is that the software to use?
Old 04-07-2021, 11:35 PM
CAMhead Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racegrafix View Post
I dont believe so, I have been looking as well. Jtech may can help, it looks like its just a Jtech setup, i could be wrong. I know mine has a box of unknown parts, and a laser in the box with jtech labeling on it. I think camaster made the bracket to use the jtech on the camaster. I just gotta figure out how to mount the laser and wire it, then I will update if I can get any specific software to work with that. I just picked mine up, so just trying to sort it all out. Really familiar with CNC, so I will figure it out and post updates. Just a lil slow with this one, only documentation is from users.
Yes please do thanks!
Old 04-08-2021, 10:27 AM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by katohio View Post
Do you have the laser? is that the software to use?
I donít have a laser (yet) but you can always call WinCNC and speak to tech support.
Aspire