CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > Software > General Discussion

Old 10-17-2020, 11:45 AM
CAMaster Owner

Default Exceeding Y+ error Saturday morning :(

Gents -

I am really new to CNC and making some progress - finally working on some cabinet drawers and my CNC stopped after 12 min (910 lines) into the program and gave me an error message of "soft limit exceeded [Y+]. (see pic) I have not shut down but did initialize and try to re-run the program and it did the same thing. I would really like to fix this and restart -

I thought this was odd because it had cut the initial cuts for several parts further down the Y axis (see pic). The pencil marks where the CNC stopped.

I have an SR44 with the X3. I also checked the .ini file as i saw that referenced in a thread and included a screen shot of that and it looks like there still should be room on the Y axis.

Any chance there is something i can fix here? Of course it is Saturday ... I did send a note to Camaster support but not sure if they look at those over the weekend.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2020-10-17 Y limit error.jpg (18.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot Soft limit.jpg (14.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4961.jpg (90.4 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by MARSIMI; 10-17-2020 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-17-2020, 01:45 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

The one time I've gotten Y axis limit warnings/stops is when my toolpath vector extended a little too far, either off the front of the machine or at the back of the bed. Check your toolpath vectors that are in those areas carefully.

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax - slider/JP/BS
Festool "a good collection"
Stubby - lathe
Oneida Cyclone
more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
Commission work for equestrian tack storage and other custom furniture and cabinetry
Located Bucks County PA
http://bvww.us
bvww.etsy.com
Old 10-17-2020, 02:23 PM
CAMaster Owner

Thanks Jim - they actually look shorter than those on the other side of the table. Is the soft limit set on each side of the table with the x axis somehow?

Looks like there is room on the cnc screen using the numbers and the picture and the GCode reference is also u see the limit. Not sure if this is limit is set anywhere else in the uni file or software - I would not think so but something is wrong:(
Old 10-17-2020, 05:13 PM
CAMaster Owner

Jim -

is there a way to save my XO and positioning so that I can leave everything until I can get a hold of Camaster support? I would like to use what was cut if I can. I hate to waste a weekend without it but i can leave the plywood on it.

Also - I have an SR44 which i think should be able to cut a full 49" - and there is a lot of room on the Y end of the table where this turned off.

Am I reading the file correctly that the soft limit is set to 49 and the x to 70? I am assuming the 70 for the x axis is to account for the recoil prep I added to the machine when i got it earlier this year. I am not familiar with the coding or what each item does - also, Is there someplace else this may be?

Since I have had this - less than 6 months the support team has change a good handful of the configurations that they said should have been changed before it left, so it would not surprise me to find another.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:21 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Since the error is a y+ I believe that's a vector that's trying to cut too far toward the back of the machine. It only takes a "proverbial red hair" too far to trigger the error/stop. Check your WINCNC.INI file for what the Y+ limit is and in your file, draw a guide line at exactly that point parallel to the X axis. Zoom in and inspect along that line to see if there are any vectors in the drawing that touch or go beyond that line.

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

Stubby - lathe
Oneida Cyclone
more...

Commission work for equestrian tack storage and other custom furniture and cabinetry
Located Bucks County PA
bvww.etsy.com
Old 10-17-2020, 05:27 PM
CAMaster Owner

ok i will have to try to see how to even do that - this was generated from Mosaic. Give there are a few other parts that were cut further back along the Y axis I thought it should have cut
Old 10-17-2020, 05:31 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

"Something" is trying to cut farther back than the table limit...

Non CNC stuff...

Stubby - lathe
Oneida Cyclone
more...

Located Bucks County PA
bvww.etsy.com
Old 10-17-2020, 05:34 PM
CAMaster Owner

Makes sense - no idea how to see that in Mosaic. Is it worth move the soft limit or better to ask Camaster?

If better to ask them, do you know if i can save the XO settings when I shut down or will those just be gone? No sense having this run until then
Old 10-17-2020, 05:47 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

You can save X-Y zero positions in WinCNC on your control computer...up to 10 by default, but the number can be increased by changing a setting in WINCNC.INI. I use this feature for defining preset X-Y zero positions for fixtures and other repetitive work, etc. But WinCNC will also preserve the most recent relative X-Y zero you set until you change it or set back to machine default with a command. Front, left corner is the machine default.

Non CNC stuff...

Stubby - lathe
Oneida Cyclone
more...

Located Bucks County PA
bvww.etsy.com
Old 10-17-2020, 05:56 PM
CAMaster Owner

ok thanks - I did not realize it saved the last XO. I have been setting it each time I used it, one of the problems I had when I first got the machine was that it lost them after each job, tech support found the problem quickly and changed it. I thought you had to do this during each set up.

Thank you for your help!!

I have some emails into tech support and am hoping they can help me.