CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > Software > Cabinet Parts Pro

Old 02-04-2015, 01:05 PM
CAMhead Legend

KYLE

What profile bits did you use?

stinger III x3

vcarve pro
Old 02-04-2015, 01:41 PM
CAMhead Guest

RC-2486
RC-2480 used this for both inside of door and outside profile.
1/4" downcut for cutout.

http://www.camheads.org/showthread.php?t=4912

http://www.amanatool.com/products/cn...uter-bits.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lhJ0rvy1EA

I use big box mdf so I was sanding more than I would have liked.

Last edited by Kyle Stapleton; 02-04-2015 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:15 PM
cabinetpartspro.com

I have just created a video that shows how you can use CabinetPartsPro to create MDF doors. Here is the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_a6R27Zbdo
Sorry for bringing an old thread up but seemed the most appropriate place for this.
If you need to contact me please use this email rplp427@gmail.com
Old 08-22-2018, 10:22 AM
Camaster Owner

I use Aspire to make MDF doors (hundreds of sheets so far). Some of my door profiles use 6 different bits. I don't draw them directly in Aspire...I developed a spreadsheet that generates the required vectors based on style and door size and then input the vectors into Aspire using Paul Rowntree's CSV to 2d gadget. The spreadsheet is pretty specific to my needs so it's not something I send out, but if you're good with Excel then you could probably knock something out.

We make very nice looking doors with sharp internal corners much faster than my guys could do them on the shaper. One key is to use very high-quality MDF...we generally use Medex, which is solid all the way through and also water resistant for kitchen cabinets.

I also have the Commercial Door Manufacturing (CDM) system that is an add-on to Alphacam. This is an improvement over my current method - some of the toolpath choices are a little better, especially for corners. I just don't like Alphacam. At some point I will make the switch, because CDM also does a better job with labelling.

As far as machine, I have to agree that the heavier and more stable the machine, the better output you will get. I used to use a 4x8 Stinger II for this and it was slower and didn't give me the quality - not because it wasn't a good machine, it just wasn't configured for this type of work. While you can use any Camaster machine to make doors, for high-volume production work I wouldn't want to go with anything less than the newer Cobra elite with the steel gantry, tool changer and high horsepower spindle. If I was primarily using machine for doors, I would probably not get the gantry lift, to minimize vibration. Just my opinion, based on lots of experience making doors.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:47 PM
CAMaster Owner

We have a 5x10 Cobra. Tried making doors, and its fine for a 1 piece raised panel type door, but anything with a flat recessed panel like a shaker door, the machine just has too much vibration which creates a lot of sanding.

We use a spreadsheet to enter sizes, then another program to bring the doors sizes into Vcarve as a bunch of rectangles, and then apply a toolpath template. Its quick and easy, but as I said, not so great for a recessed panel door. We sell hardly any raised panel in our area, so we typically just buy the doors from someone with a much heavier machine.

Camaster Cobra 510 ATC
10HP spindle, 20HP vacuum

Tags
cabinets