CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > CAMaster Machines > Panther Series

Old 06-24-2018, 01:25 PM
CAMaster Owner

Default Current repair option

So Cam master said a few machines have had similar problems to mine so they sent out a new female end of the connector between the computer and the controller on the cnc. I will be replacing those in the morning and doing a tech support walk through monday. While possible but not completely matching our symptoms that may be a contributing factor. Other than the z issue we have had great success with the machine itself.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:20 AM
CAMhead Legend

Another thing to keep in mind that I have encountered lately is my spoil board swelling from humidity. I will zero everything out on day, run the machine, and then I will get a call from a guy the next day and it's cutting into the spoil board 0.03" the next day. The machine is in an insulated pole building with heat but no A/C. What I have found is we zero the tools out the day it runs if I am doing something with a critical Z depth. If I end up getting a production job for that machine I may have to make a small room around the machine and air condition it. Kinda hoping that doesn't happen though haha.
Old 06-28-2018, 05:24 PM
CAMaster Owner

Default The cause

From the sounds of it, this being internment and from the first few uses of the machine, it's a board fault. We went through customer support and tested the operation and the ohm resistance of the touch top sensor and the individual parts worked all the way up to the control board. But the lane that was being used had finally come to a complete fault. We worked through changing the lane and moving the wiring on the board and it is now working again but has lost zero a few times through regular use with a wood working project we where testing it out with. We are currently working with Cam master to get it replaced under warranty. Unfortunately the first option was to send our board out and have win cnc test it while we are shut down and then after they decide it's bad they would send us out a new control board or we can pony up and buy a new board ourselves and be refunded after they get done testing it. I doubt this a common issue and could be caused from anything including a hard bump on the road while in transport, I'm glad we got to the bottom of it. The tech support was patient and worked through the sequence of operations to identify the problem so I'm sure win cnc will replace the board quickly.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:20 AM
Stinger II Owner

Jram,
I don't recall your operational plans, but if production environment, a spare WinCNC board for the table seems like it might be worth having in your box of important parts. You'd spend some of the board cost just for the next day air freight if you had an urgent problem down the road.
Just thinking...