CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > CAMaster Machines > Panther Series

Old 09-07-2018, 07:15 PM
CAMhead Legend

Yeah I think you have been lucky! It is reprocessed HDPE and that machine has been cuttting it daily since it arrived last year. But you are right, I will never know if I have a mouse problem because of the little chips haha. It also has been really humid here with constant pop up showers and storms so I think that has something to do with it since it is in a unconditioned space.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:39 AM
CAMhead Legend

So far so good with the grounding. I also notice the large DB25 cables that connect in the machine looked a little "weighted down" so I choked up the chords with a service loop to keep the weight off of them as it looks like a potential issue down the road if I did not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo Sep 09, 11 48 37 PM.jpg (84.4 KB, 41 views)
Old 09-11-2018, 11:03 AM
CAMhead Legend

So the machine has been cutting it daily and the problems have just surfaced? Glad to hear that the grounding cable has been working.
What type/size machine and spindle do you have?
Old 09-11-2018, 12:02 PM
CAMhead Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarwes View Post
So the machine has been cutting it daily and the problems have just surfaced? Glad to hear that the grounding cable has been working.
What type/size machine and spindle do you have?
Yup, and when I mean daily I mean 7 days a week. If I would have known it would run this much I would have bought a cobra. Actual run time though that it is physically cutting is about 4-5 hours. Since that building currently only has single phase I am quite limited so was pointed in the panther direction. I also wasn't expecting to run it this much either. I bought the larger spindle (3Kw or 5hp?) with the 6 pc tool changer which is worth every cent.
I was also surprised myself because I thought if I would have issues it would have been over winter when the air is dry. I also changed my DC system and added a bunch of metal HVAC piping that is grounded (temporary till the spiral pipe comes in later next week) and also a copper wire that runs through the whole system to eliminate static (inside pipe). We still attach the ground to the sheet when it runs just as a precaution. I also added a small clip to the material stack so when we slide a sheet onto the table it help reduce the static there also.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:43 PM
CAMhead Legend

Hey SCHEPEBC, how's the panther been running? Any more issues after adding your homemade jumper?
Old 11-08-2018, 09:51 AM
CAMhead Legend

Default Hey SCHEPEBC

Hey SCHEPEBC, see post above this one. Just checking in again to see how things are humming.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:38 PM
CAMhead Legend

Sorry guys I should have checked back in. So far so good! I just put my new oneida dust collecting system in and it has mostly steel spiral pipe. Everything is grounded and its back to working like normal.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:34 PM
CAMhead Legend

Good to hear. Thanks for the update. Getting ahead of avoiding problems is my main goal right now while waiting for my Panther to arrive.