CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > CAMaster Machines > Stinger Series CNC Routers > Stinger III

Old 04-08-2021, 11:43 AM
CAMhead Guest

Default Stinger x3 spindle speed

hey everyone. im just now getting into using my x3 heads. yesterday i was playing with some ABS trying to dial in the speed and feed for engravingh lettering with the t2 head and thats when i noticed that the spindle speed seems to not be controlable via the program? is this true and i have to manually change the dial on the router? or am i simply doing somthing wrong?

also as a side question, is there a way to have it so t1 doesnt always measure itself at the start of every program? im using vcarve pro as that came with the machine.

thanks!
Old 04-08-2021, 12:49 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

WinCNC can change the speed of an actual spindle (center position if you bought a spindle) but it cannot control speed on the two routers that are outboard, AFAIK. You'll have to do that manually on those motors using whatever capability there is for that.

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax - slider/JP/BS
Festool "a good collection"
Stubby - lathe
Oneida Cyclone
more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
Commission work for equestrian tack storage and other custom furniture and cabinetry
Located Bucks County PA
Old 04-08-2021, 01:10 PM
CAMhead Guest

thank you Jim, i thought i was going crazy haha. yes i do have like a 4k spindle or somthing for t1, not 100% sure of all the specs, the wife ordered the machine and did the research, im just the guy who gets to run it lol

do you have any ideas about the whole measure t1 thing at the beginning of every program?
Old 04-08-2021, 05:15 PM
CAMaster Owner

That is measuring the tool you are using. The machine needs to know how long the tool is so it knows where it is in space below the spindle.

Have you done your orientation training with CAMaster yet? If you haven't call tech support and get it set up. They will log into your machine with you and walk you through a lot of the basic functionality and make sure you understand everything that is going on.
Hurricane Vac
Vcarve Pro 10

Catholic school IT director, wannabe woodworker, Krav Maga instructor, and CNC enthusiast
Old 04-09-2021, 11:28 AM
CAMhead Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Y View Post
That is measuring the tool you are using. The machine needs to know how long the tool is so it knows where it is in space below the spindle.

Have you done your orientation training with CAMaster yet? If you haven't call tech support and get it set up. They will log into your machine with you and walk you through a lot of the basic functionality and make sure you understand everything that is going on.
i have not done any training, i also do not have an internet connection in my shop yet.

i get why its doing it, i just feel like its a waste of time if i know ive already touched the tool off for measuring etc. like say your doing repetition jobs, and the same tool is chucked that extra minute moving the dust boot and having the click enter twice is kinda lame haha. i have yet to try it but someone told me that if i export as a single tool file in vcarve it will not touch off, only if i export as an x3 will the t1 touch off, i find it odd that it doesnt require t2 and 3 to touch off at all.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:38 AM
Stinger II Owner

Yes, the single tool file will just start and cut.
After you get familiar with editing the tap files you can always edit out lines like the tool measure you mention.

One important thing to realize is there is almost always at least three different ways to accomplish what you want with this CNC stuff. Whether it is design or operational questions.
Old 05-03-2021, 04:26 PM
CAMhead Friend

The routers basically only have on/off capability as far as software goes. So yep, manual speed adjustment.