CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > How To Use This Forum > CAMheads How 2

Old 09-08-2019, 01:04 AM
CAMhead Friend

Default New owner

The money was lost! My bank sent money unregistered and no tracking camaster has not received it and Iíve been waiting for someone to make a move my banker has taken two vacations during this time. Cody and I are at loss as to why this is happening ? My stinger is built tested and setting in limbo.has anyone ever heard of this. My bank says they have to wait to see if someone cashed the check and has told Cody they were sending the money
Old 09-08-2019, 01:41 AM
Administrator, (MOD, KOTR)

I send and recieve money in most every way both US domestic annd International, Not sure what "Unregistered means, if the bank deducted it as a wire transfer then it will have a path and record, if they sold you a cashiers check or MO they can cancel it after a set time. (it would be pretty specific and hard to cash. if you sent a check the money would still be in your acct and a stop payment only takes a few minutes in today's bank system. Banks these days are pretty high tech and can be as instantanious as an ATM.

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ
Old 09-08-2019, 08:41 AM
CAMhead Friend

I never handled the money the bank handled the payment between them and camaster. When I was in the navy registered mail was the most secure not sure of whatís available now besides . My bank says they sent the check by us mail. If I was to complete the transfer of funds I would have just wired bank to bank? But what do I know right
Old 09-08-2019, 08:46 AM
CAMhead Friend

I never handled the money the bank handled the payment between them and camaster. When I was in the navy registered mail was the most secure not sure of whatís available now besides . My bank says they sent the check by us mail. If I was to complete the transfer of funds I would have just wired bank to bank? But what do I know right
Old 09-08-2019, 01:47 PM
CAMhead Legend

That sucks because i know you are anxious to get the machine. I have never heard of a bank mailing a check let alone not sending out certified mail at the very least when they could have securely done the transfer by wire in a matter of seconds.

I feel your pain having to wait longer
Old 09-08-2019, 02:17 PM
CAMaster Owner

I would guess unregistered means it doesn't have to be signed for.
Does Camaster accept transfers?

Maybe it's just delayed because it went out around a holiday?
Like Jim said, they can cancel and resend on their own dime.

Industrial electrician by day, Cabinet and furniture maker by evening and weekend. Cnc newb.

June 2017 Stinger 3 SR48
3kw spindle, FTC, Laser, Recoil, Hurricane
V Carve, Mozaik
Old 09-11-2019, 10:43 AM
Cobra Owner

Sorry to hear your having problems like this.

I think your idea of a wire transfer was the way to go, I have no idea why a banker would opt for sending a check in the mail like that.

The safest way to transfer money is by wiring it directly - both parties are identified by their bank account information and all the details of the transfer are indelibly written in the transfer system logs.

Check this page out: https://www.valuepenguin.com/banking...d-money-online

Cashier checks, personal checks, and other forms of electronic transfer are easier to scam. The physical checks can be stolen and altered and then cashed.

I think you can eventually get your money back, but it's a huge hassle. You might have to get an indemnity bond for the the amount of the check to speed up the process so the bank is not on the hook for the total amount of both checks.

Hopefully, it's just lost in the mail, but now you're stuck with a banker who probably wont do anything until the status of the missing check is determined - Maybe your banker would accept an indemnity bond to issue a replacement check for the missing one.