CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > CAMaster Machines > CAMheads Show Room

Old 09-27-2019, 10:22 AM
CAMaster Owner

Signs are a great opportunity for creative output...although I haven't had much traction on that from a business perspective, I enjoy every one I make simply because they are a lot more expressive than so many other kinds of work. Even a "boring" sign requires some creativity!

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro upgraded to Aspire

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax - slider/JP/BS
Festool "a good collection"
Stubby - lathe
Oneida Cyclone
more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
Commission work for equestrian tack storage and other custom furniture and cabinetry
Located Bucks County PA
http://bvww.us
bvww.etsy.com
Old 09-27-2019, 11:18 AM
CAMaster Owner

really cool sign. assume the guns and fish were applied (maybe not), letters too???

thanks for sharing!
Old 09-28-2019, 05:45 PM
Cobra Owner

The Trout, Guns and Letters were just glued on the unfinished cedar using a thicker bodied cyanoacrylate - Normally I inlay everything that is not part of the base sign to keep it neat and clean, But the letters were too hard to deal with at that size so I took the easy way out. I have used super glue on PVC foam to wood for other applications and have had good luck - it seems to stick good to the PVC and the wood!

It would be nice if I could make money on signs like this, but you have to have the talent and experience of Mr. MacMunn or Joe Crumley to be able to do these things and make any money - I always price them too high to get the work or too low and end up working for $10 bucks an hour. I wish I could figure it out 'cause signs definitely are one of the more fun things to make as Jim mentioned earlier.