CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > Tips & Techniques > For The Hobbyist & Toy Makers

Old 07-07-2019, 10:05 PM
CAMaster Stinger Owner

Default What would you do with it ?

Been salvaging clocks in dumpsters lately and putting them back in service, this is one I did with a pen plotter a month ago https://www.camheads.org/showthread.php?t=9924

Now I got this one, these businesses often spray paint them red when they throw them out, so I sanded the wood back down to bare wood [can still see some of the red in the cracks]. I am going to apply a stain of course, and I am thinking about doing some 2D design into the wood ,,, Is only .25 thick so that would rule out 3D.

Right now I am thinking about etching in a Stones tongue, I'm stuck for ideas. MAy carve names into it and give it to my buddies little girls, or I may just leave it plain after staining. Metal is in great shape, I'll just need to clean it off and re-black the numbers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4123.jpg (93.7 KB, 99 views)

Stinger 1
Old 07-08-2019, 06:47 AM
CAMhead Friend

How about some Sculpt Nouveau for the frame?
Old 07-08-2019, 02:43 PM
CAMaster Stinger Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglySign View Post
How about some Sculpt Nouveau for the frame?
Would look nice, problem with me for patina material is I don't use it often and it invariably goes bad, leaving the majority of it to be tossed out months later. I just tossed out a large batch of it last week, a little too expensive to justify for one off projects that likely will never see a return.

Stinger 1