CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > The Water Cooler > New Forum Members

Old 10-04-2018, 02:59 PM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVE2000 View Post
I have a Bill of Lading. That's kind of exciting...
Indeed it is! Make sure you've got your arrangements setup to take delivery...no lift-gate is possible for a Stinger II. You either need a forklift with extended forks, an arrangement with a local roll-back tow truck to winch it off the tractor trailer or a trailer that's wide enough to be able to pick it up at the terminal directly.

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax - slider/JP/BS
Festool "a good collection"
Stubby - lathe
Oneida Cyclone
more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
Commission work for equestrian tack storage and other custom furniture and cabinetry
Located Bucks County PA
http://bvww.us
Old 10-04-2018, 03:40 PM
CAMaster Owner

Yup, it's going to a depot, and I have a wrecker with a rollback all good to go.
Aspire
Old 10-04-2018, 06:44 PM
CAMaster Owner

That will be easier than my transfer which was done in a parking lot down the street. The depot can set that sucker right on the roll-back with the fork lift and off you go! Terminal was way too far away for me to do that here.

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax - slider/JP/BS
Festool "a good collection"
Stubby - lathe
Oneida Cyclone
more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
Commission work for equestrian tack storage and other custom furniture and cabinetry
Located Bucks County PA
http://bvww.us
Old 10-05-2018, 02:31 PM
CAMaster Owner

Waiting for the rollback to arrive!
CCF2F7B2-D7D0-44DB-B977-D36AC803E41A.jpg
Aspire
Old 10-09-2018, 04:56 PM
CAMaster Owner

I have what I think amounts to a really stupid question. I paid for a Cyclone upgrade, but CAMaster sent just the Cyclone and a filter with two 2" screw-in adapters. And my phenolic vac table (they mistakenly left off the T-slots, but they're going to send someone with a new top to fix this).

They didn't send a 3" male adapter for the Cycle, or any other connectors. This is because they don't know where or how you want to attach the vacuum. (But I wish they would have asked! And/or helped with a design. And maybe sent some other pieces. This irks me.)

I have to have mine under the table. There's not enough vertical height to put the filter vertical, and have a straight shot into the Cyclone input. I'd have to build a little stand too. The table has a 90 degree elbow pointing down, so that's not that helpful either. So it looks like I'll need to leave the filter lying sideways on the floor. Or sideways on a stand, but that seems a worse position. And from the looks of it to me, I'll need another 90 elbow to connect to the filter. And then probably 2 more 90 degree elbows and some piping to go from the filter output to the Cyclone.

From everything I've ever read about vacuum systems, 90 degree bends are bad. I already have some in the table piping and I'm about to add 3 more. :(

How have people typically mounted their vacuums and filters under their tables?

I've attached a few pics.IMG_6971.jpgIMG_6974.jpgIMG_6982.jpg
Aspire
Old 10-09-2018, 06:42 PM
CAMhead Friend

In picture #3, can you turn the downward facing elbow 90deg and have it go directly into the filter and put the vacuum running parallel with the manifold?
Old 10-09-2018, 07:55 PM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarwes View Post
In picture #3, can you turn the downward facing elbow 90deg and have it go directly into the filter and put the vacuum running parallel with the manifold?
Nope. That elbow is welded. I realized that the power cord is a little shy of the plug. I could change out another nearby dryer plug to the NEMA L6-30, but seeing Iíd like the power switch in a handy location, Iíve changed the orientation a bit:
7148874A-176A-4BD7-A678-8259BDF36FA6.jpg
I think this may only require 2 additional 90 degree elbows, although the filter will end up upside down at an angle. :/
Aspire
Old 10-09-2018, 11:23 PM
CAMaster Owner

Here is a pic under my table.

I didn't glue those pipes either, I put a bead of clear silicone around the joint. I was thinking I might have to change something but it works great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0013[1].jpg (88.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0012[1].jpg (86.1 KB, 28 views)

Industrial electrician by day, Cabinet and furniture maker by evening and weekend. Cnc newb.

June 2017 Stinger 3 SR48
3kw spindle, FTC, Laser, Recoil, Hurricane
V Carve, Mozaik
Old 10-10-2018, 12:31 AM
CAMaster Owner

Thanks JP. Iíll do something similar then. I have less room under the table than you do, but I think this should work. How do you attach your spoilboard? What material is it? It seems like Iíll have to use MDF as the material. LDF just doesnít seem to be easily available.
Aspire
Old 10-10-2018, 02:55 AM
CAMaster Owner

My plenum is 1" MDF I skimmed it flat and made sure the paint was off the top points and simply glued my 3/4" MDF spoilboard to it with wood glue.

Make sure you skim the spoilboard, then glue the skimmed side down. Then skim the top. You need to break that waxy seal from the press.

I think having a phenolic plenum will have you using epoxy to stick your spoilboard on.

Industrial electrician by day, Cabinet and furniture maker by evening and weekend. Cnc newb.

June 2017 Stinger 3 SR48
3kw spindle, FTC, Laser, Recoil, Hurricane
V Carve, Mozaik