CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > The Water Cooler > New Forum Members

Old 02-19-2019, 10:19 PM
CAMhead Guest

Default New from Wisconsin

Hi, I consider myself new to the site. I created a profile a year ago but have not been active until late. I am in the process of setting up my own cabinet shop and will be adding a CNC. Anyone that has input on a specific camaster and/or software, I would appreciate it. I am not new to the CNC world, I have been using a Biesse Klever for about five years now, for my current employer. As far as software, I do use SketchUp to draft kitchens and bathrooms. Also, I am having a hard time finding the vacuum pumps on the website and also the electrical specifications for each machine. Thanks in advance everyone and I will keep reading the forum.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:38 PM
Stinger II Owner

Welcome A,

You will find tons of great reading material here on many topics. If you have a respectful question, there are talented people here that will provide great answers for you to consider.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:38 AM
Administrator, (MOD, KOTR)

We use our ATC 508 Cobra for Cutting Cabinet parts Daily.

1) familiar with Sketchup, try Moziak, easy on the wallet and easy on the curve.

2) Get an ATC, and 5 foot x 8 table Panther or Elite, Heavier the better but at least a 5hp Spindle

3) We use a 25 hp FPZ regen and it holds all of our work, after that there are choices

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mcgrew-W...=page_internal

Camera 1 ATC Closeup !
https://video.nest.com/live/esNTrZ
Old 02-20-2019, 08:50 AM
CAMaster Owner

Welcome. You'll find a good crew here. You'll want AT LEAST a 4X8 machine for a cabinet shop. A 5X8 is better a worth the minute extra cost. The reason I bought a 5X10 is because most of the material I cut comes in 10' sheets and it is more productive when nesting than cutting on 8' sheets. You'll want a Panther or Cobra Elite. The Stingers are great machines but are not meant to be full on run all day production machines.
The ATC cost is hard to swallow up front but is worth the extra cost when doing production. Well worth it. Very much well worth it.

My Panther uses a 60A single phase circuit. My 15Hp blower uses a 50A 3phase circuit.
You'll want to get a large commercial air compressor and a nice dust collection system. Those could be either single phase or 3phase.
CAMaster doesn't list the vacuum pumps and electrical specs on their site, you'll have to call for the different options and pricing.

^ check out Mr. McGrew's setup in the last link in his sig line to see a 5X10 machine.
WinCNC
VcarvePro 8 & 9.5
15Hp FPZ vacuum
Old 02-23-2019, 01:23 PM
Camaster Owner

Please dont tell my stinger III its not supposed to cut all day. Granted I am a one man shop but there are days when the machine out works me. ATC would be nice. X3 works well for me. My spindle does the heavy work and the routers drill/ All day long. My best day is 20 sheets for the entire job. 9 hours. I had a 5x10 machine and went to a 4x8 just for ease of handling the materials. New shop will have a vac lift so maybe Ill be up grading but doubtful.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:01 AM
CAMhead Guest

Thank you to all for the helpful information. It has really been great thus far. I am going to keep going through the forum and learning as much as I can. Thanks again Adam