CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > Software > Mozaik Software

Old 08-09-2018, 11:10 PM
CAMaster Owner

Default Mozaik Gurus-Please help...

Have a few small items that are bugging me and maybe you guys could point me in the right direction.
Firstly, I have screw holes which are supposed to go all the way thru the 3/4" ply for assembling the skins together.
The operations are set to .72 and that is not deep enough to get thru the ply. Is there a place to change this global setting so it will update the global parameters? I have tried to give it extra depth at the tool but no joy.

Secondly, On my sockets for the drawer guides, I set the length away from the drawer side and every time I place a drawer, it is different.
Any ideas why?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back.jpg (87.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg drill hole.jpg (90.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg hole.jpg (96.8 KB, 22 views)
Old 08-10-2018, 12:03 AM
CAMaster Owner

The through hole depth is going to be controlled by your material thickness because it has to go all the way through. I have never had a problem with that particular thing before. What is your material thickness set to in your library? It should be the actual micrometer reading of the material.

You can change anything in part edit though, either in the design or optimizer sections.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moz1.jpg (19.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg moz 2.jpg (18.7 KB, 10 views)

Industrial electrician by day, Cabinet and furniture maker by evening and weekend. Cnc newb.

June 2017 Stinger 3 SR48
3kw spindle, FTC, Laser, Recoil, Hurricane
V Carve, Mozaik

Last edited by The real JP; 08-10-2018 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:16 AM
CAMaster Owner

I'm not sure I follow you on the drawer glide rear bracket holes. I got my numbers right off the blum spec sheet for that one. How do you mean it moves? Did you save after making changes to the hardware in the library?

This is a pic of a face frame unfinished back 3 drawer lower that uses rear brackets.

You can ask on Mozaik forums or simply send the job to the help desk with what you are trying to accomplish. I have used the help desk a few times for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moz3.jpg (18.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg moz 4.jpg (20.0 KB, 11 views)

Industrial electrician by day, Cabinet and furniture maker by evening and weekend. Cnc newb.

June 2017 Stinger 3 SR48
V Carve, Mozaik

Last edited by The real JP; 08-10-2018 at 12:19 AM.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:25 AM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The real JP View Post
The through hole depth is going to be controlled by your material thickness because it has to go all the way through. I have never had a problem with that particular thing before. What is your material thickness set to in your library? It should be the actual micrometer reading of the material.

You can change anything in part edit though, either in the design or optimizer sections.
The material is set to .740 which is the measured thickness. I dont know where those holes are stored in the parameters. I need to hunt them down and find out how they react as I make changes.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:30 AM
CAMaster Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The real JP View Post
I'm not sure I follow you on the drawer glide rear bracket holes. I got my numbers right off the blum spec sheet for that one. How do you mean it moves? Did you save after making changes to the hardware in the library?

This is a pic of a face frame unfinished back 3 drawer lower that uses rear brackets.

You can ask on Mozaik forums or simply send the job to the help desk with what you are trying to accomplish. I have used the help desk a few times for sure.
So I pulled the numbers as you did. When I put them in the table, I get the hole to appear but they are not in the correct location. They are too far from the edge. Mine are 1.875 from the interior, but as you can see in my picture, that is not the number that gets me to 1.875 on the edit parts/operations tab. I have to do some math to get the hole to move back towards the wall. There must be some other parameter in play here.
The Mozaik forums are different from any other. When I post questions there, they mods review and approve them prior to being posted. I have had several not make it to the page. Kinda defeats the purpose of user feedback if they mod your ideas out.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:34 AM
CAMaster Owner

in Optimizer, go to
Libraries
cnc tooling

then click on the tool you use for drilling on the left. I use 5mm. Once you click on it, there is a add for thru cut option. I have mine at .030
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tooling.jpg (78.4 KB, 7 views)

Cobra 510
10HP ATC
Vacuum Table
Old 08-10-2018, 09:14 AM
CAMaster Owner

The rear socket holes are measured from the edges of the face frame.

You can check those numbers in sketch up if you need confirmation on how it will work out.

For me. My facefram hangs inside 3/4 So you start from zero there for the hole locations. My numbers look a bit odd because I use mm to input most of my numbers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sk1.jpg (7.1 KB, 11 views)

June 2017 Stinger 3 SR48
V Carve, Mozaik
Old 08-10-2018, 09:26 AM
CAMaster Owner

Yeah definitely check cut through depth. I keep mine at .003

I think this goes on a machine by machine basis. It depends on just how dead on your tool measure switch is. Mine measures a bit shorter than the tool actually is.

Try and keep a balance between clean parts and tearing up the spoilboard.

June 2017 Stinger 3 SR48
V Carve, Mozaik
Old 08-10-2018, 12:22 PM
CAMaster Owner

I played with the thru numbers all the way up to .249" and I cannot get it to penetrate the bottom of the material. That is the crazy part.
I figured instead of calculating the thickness everytime, I could just call it .75 and give it a .030 over and it should drill thru. Nope.
It is like there is a hard code or a lower limit that just wont ley it go thru.
I will keep messing with it.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:39 PM
CAMaster Owner

Send your job to the help desk.

Your parts cut all the way through right? It's just the drilling that is giving you fits? If it's both make sure your z zero is right.

I zero in the machine bed and have that option ticked in the optimizer cnc setup.

June 2017 Stinger 3 SR48
V Carve, Mozaik