CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > Items for sale or trade > Wood For Sale.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:27 PM
CAMaster owner

Default Live edge lumber

I live in hawaii and if anyone is looking for some live edge wood slabs such as monkey pod, lychee, mango, cuban mahogany, and many other types of wood I may be able to help. If your interested and would like pics or info just let me know thanks.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:19 AM
CAMaster Owner

Jbrown,

I am not familiar with those woods. What are they typically used for? Pics and information would be interesting.

Aubrey
FTC, Laser, Counter Balance, 2" Gantry Lift
KRS Keypad
WinCNC, Aspire 9.0
Old 08-29-2015, 04:52 AM
CAMaster owner

Monkey pod, lychee, and mango are a few trees that are abundant here on Oahu. I have a local friend that mills this lumber on the weekend. Many people around here use this wood to make furniture and other small keepsakes. the Cuban mahogany is a very rare tree here as my friend has only gotten his hands on about 5 trees in the past 8 years but it is very beautiful wood. He only has a few slabs of it left and I plan on making a dinning room table out of some of it. The attached picture is a small slab that I purchased from him to make a coffee table it is unfinished monkey pod.
These are some other woods he has or can get.
Kamani, Milo(rare), Kiawe, Tamarind, Honduran Mahogany, Dragon Eye/Longan, Opiuma, Australian Blackwood, Earpod, Ironwood, Rainbow Eucalyptus, Lemon Gum Eucalyptus, Eucalyptus Robusta, Silky Oak, Norfolk Pine, Golden Shower, Bloodwood, Hawaiian Koa(rare), Formosa koa, Narra, Olive, Macadamia

all pictures are of monkey pod I will make my way over there sunday and get some more of the other types of wood.

00606_4BP6uTrMH3L_600x450.jpg

01717_dxGtahL8Fgb_600x450.jpg

the last 2 are what I recently purchased to make the coffee table, it will have book matching legs.

20150828_213116.jpg

20150828_213148.jpg

Last edited by jbrown11b; 08-29-2015 at 04:56 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:29 PM
Cobra Owner

Those monkey pod slabs are gorgeous!! That will make an unbelievable table top!

Do you have any troubles bringing wood to mainland USA? I know we cannot bring wood like that into Canada unless it has been government certified to be kiln dried to an internal temperature of 160 degrees with no bark present.
www.cherryleaf-rustle.com
Old 08-29-2015, 03:08 PM
CAMaster owner

as far as I know there are no restrictions on shipping to mainland. the person shipping may need an agricultural stamp. I plan on sending a lot back home to stock pile until I get out of the military.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:16 PM
Stinger I Owner

The cost of shipping to main land is going to be astronomical. 15 years ago I got a hold of a supplier in Oahu or Maui They sent me pictures of several pieces and I was able to pick what I was looking for. They shipped it with no problem but I think it was around $100.00 to ship 10 bdl ft. I'd love to get my hands on some of those crotch pieces.
1.7 kw spindle
Digit. Probe, laser pointer,Aspire,WinCNC