CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > Software > Mozaik Software

Old 01-08-2019, 03:43 PM
Camaster Owner

I've been running Mozaik for several years now. I looked at some of the Sketchup-based packages when I started, since I'm also comfortable and familiar with Sketchup, but didn't feel at the time that they were really set up for a production shop. Perhaps they're better now. Mozaik does have its quirks, but I find it quick and reasonably easy to set up most of what we do, from kitchens to built-ins to one-offs, and to generate the drawings and reports I need for customers and for the shop. There are still a few pieces of art furniture that I will set up in Sketchup rather than Mozaik, but fewer and fewer over time. Mozaik does do a pretty good job of dumping out a job to Sketchup where I can make it pretty for the customer. Since that's the only thing I do with Sketchup, the fact that changes in Sketchup don't propagate back to Mozaik is not that much of a problem.

What cabinet software you use can turn into a religious discussion. What works for you is best, I suppose. Mozaik works for me. It offers a lot of bang for the buck, has a reasonably active user forum, gets regular updates in the subscription price (3-4 major updates per year and continuous quality improvements between releases), and does things that I'd have to pay $50k+ for in other professional packages.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:12 AM
CAMhead Friend

Iíve been using Mozaiksoftware for a couple of years now and am very happy with it. I do a mix of residential and commercial cabinets/Millwork and it works well for both. The fact that it goes from an approved drawings all the way to CNC fabrication is a great time saver. I did take about 6 or 8 hours of online training with them which has long since paid for itself. They helped me set up my construction methods (blind dado) and if I have a question their online forum is a great resource. I am at the verge of switching over to dowel construction because I do a lot of commercial work and dowels will eliminate skinning the finished ends. They have that set up for me also. Regarding the cost, I once heard a guy once say that the monthly fee is still less than a linear foot cost of cabinetry ( Courtesy of Jim McGrew) . When I look at it in these terms then itís a no brainer. From advice on this forum, I started out with Vcarve (which I use everyday) and Cabinetpartspro. I was able to get all my cabinets completed with these two programs. Upgrading to Mozaik was well worth the time and effort. It was the next logical move for me and allowed me to speed up my production as well as provide customer and shop drawings.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:23 PM
CAMaster Owner

I used kcd for 12 years for just designing and when I decided to get a cnc I checked with them on the price to go to the cnc version of the software and it was like 12k. So I ended up going with Mozaik. Personally I love the software. Iíve been using it sense may and am still learning on what all it can do. Their optimization saves me several sheets a job which more than pays for the monthly cost. There are tons of training videos that you have access to once you purchase, and the support is top notch. You can purchase Mozaik, I checked on that, itís like 15k if I remember right. Makes more sense to me to rent it per month. Mozaik also has a forum with a lot of smart people on it.
Mozaik
VCarve pro

Tags
mozaik