CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > The File Swap Meet > Vectric V-Carve Files

Old 10-12-2018, 11:26 PM
CAMaster Owner

Default Hose holder with vcarve file

I know that a lot of people put a long pipe on their dust shoe to get the flex hose up and out of the way. Especially if the hose feed is off to the side. But I have this new machine, and some hard earned Aspire skills, and some 1" thick HDPE I'd recently purchased from Amazon...

I decided to design something that would fit on the gantry portion Z-axis to hold the hose. And it seems to be working. It's not perfect - it's only held on by one screw, and I really didn't have a long enough one. But here's a Vcarve file and some pics:
IMG_7008.jpgIMG_7011.jpgIMG_7010.jpgIMG_7014.jpgIMG_7015.jpg

The two holes are just in case it has to be set down where it was cut from to make changes. They're not required, but I did have to use them. I cut some 1/4" holes in the spoil board in their own tap file, made the fixes in Aspire and did some more cutting.

I used a 1/4" Amana O flute bit.

I also used a 1/4" round over bit in my router table to round the sides.

I manually turned a drill bit through the hole in the aluminum top to mark the plastic. Then I drilled and tapped a hole. That bolt was a bit short, so I ended up just using one of the drywall screws that were used in the shipping crate. I can tighten the screw, but it seems to loosen up a bit. Not a bit deal - the hose holder can't come off. I'm happy with it for now, and can alway get a longer screw later.

A potential improvement would be to not clear the bottom area where the screw head goes, but then you have to measure and figure out the placement of the predrilled hole in the aluminum very carefully.
Attached Files
File Type: crv Hose_holder.crv (147.5 KB, 22 views)
Aspire
Old 10-13-2018, 10:44 AM
CAMaster Owner

Very clever, Gary...thanks for sharing! This is something that has been percolating in the back of my mind for a while. But like the sun, photons of ideas in my mind can take years to see the "light of day"!
FTC
Laser Pointer
HSD 1.7kw Spindle
Indexing Lathe
WinCNC, Aspire 9.5, PhotoCarve
Storm Vacuum
drummerjg@icloud.com

How to count to 10 in Windows:
1,2,3,95,NT,2000,XP,Vista,7,8,10
Old 10-13-2018, 12:23 PM
CAMaster Owner

I really like that idea, Gary! I'mma gonna have to consider that change for my own setup, although I'd need to adapt it a little because my hose comes down directly from above, not from the side. Hmm....the gears are turning... :)

SR-44 (2018), 1.7kw spindle, Performance Premium, USB, Keypad, T-Slot table (y-axis configuration), WinCNC, VCarve Pro

Non CNC stuff...

SCM/Minimax - slider/JP/BS
Festool "a good collection"
Stubby - lathe
Oneida Cyclone
more...

Retired from full time work in the telecom industry 9/2017
Commission work for equestrian tack storage and other custom furniture and cabinetry
Located Bucks County PA
http://bvww.us
Old 10-13-2018, 01:22 PM
Stinger I Owner

Mine’s not nearly as nice as yours but a similar idea to control the DC hose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PLT1.jpg (88.1 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg OVA1.jpg (92.9 KB, 63 views)
FTC
Laser Pointer
HSD 1.7kw Spindle
KRS USB Keypad
Mick Martin Table
Aspire 8.5, WinCNC
Chips-a-flyin’
brucep128@gmail.com
Old 10-13-2018, 03:50 PM
CAMaster Owner

Thanks guys.

I like the mount direction of Bruce’s, but I couldn’t do that as I have the Z lift assist. Another potential improvement is to have the back slot be closed. This way, even if the screw can’t be totally tightened in the HDPE, it wouldn’t be able to mechanical rotate about the screw. It does that a bit now.
Aspire