CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC

Go Back   CAMheads CNC Router Forum By: CAMaster CNC > CAMaster Machines > Stinger Series CNC Routers > Stinger 4 ATC

Old 04-03-2016, 01:38 PM
CAMhead Friend

Default Z axis Off by .200

So since day 1 with my Stinger 4 (4x8, had it since March of 2015) I have noticed that the z axis is off. What I mean is this. If I plane a sheet of MDF I have to zero to the low corner of the gantry. This being the bottom right corner. When planing the MDF it takes off almost .200 on the left side of the sheet. Some spots are .100. So I have been just machining off .200 on each side of the MDF to get it to a functioning spoilboard. Once it's machined down everything is perfect and then the z is fine. I don't think it needs tramming, just seems the gantry on the y axis is riding higher on the right hand side. This eats us almost half of my spoilboard on the first plane!

So I took my dial gauge and check all around the table. It seems to be like I was seeing on the MDF. The gantry is higher on the right. I used the dial gauge and rode on the Steel frame of the gantry and also the MDF vacuum table and it is showing the same differences as when I check the unmachined MDF.

Here is a picture of the dial on one of the highspots.
[IMG][/IMG]

How can I adjust the axis on this machine?
Old 04-03-2016, 02:31 PM
CAMhead Legend

Machine you base to be flat then recut your plenum
Old 04-03-2016, 03:26 PM
CAMaster friend

mixer...
This is normal until you surface the surface of the OEM plenum to make it coplanar with the machined rails. You should not have to recut the plenum, except in rare instances.
GCnC411@gmail.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary logic, and those who don't"
Old 04-03-2016, 04:50 PM
CAMhead Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Campbell View Post
mixer...
This is normal until you surface the surface of the OEM plenum to make it coplanar with the machined rails. You should not have to recut the plenum, except in rare instances.
Ok, that's what I was thinking Gary, but wasn't sure. I was going to do that last night, but thought I better ask first

Thanks! I will get to doing that today before putting the new spoilboard on.